Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Street Rod and i use both brakes to slow down. Sometimes the rear brake will make a noise like thrummmmm (hard reproduce in the office lol). It works fine and ive washed it several times. Just kinda anoying pulling up to a light and having my V rod groan to a stop. Plus if the wifes on the back if it groans then i have to listen to her.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When it's doing that, release the rear brake and see if it stops. While I can't be sure it may be the drive belt howl that is somewhat common to the V-Rod.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: if it turns out to be noisy brakes (common of the stock brake pads), you can always upgrade to Lyndall, EBC, or other brakes to quiet your ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Release

Noise stops when brake is let up on or pressed harder. Its not consistant. I think ill pull it apart clean the rotor with a sos pad and sand the pads and if that dose not help i'll try some aftermarket pads.

·
Tim
564 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem with my 07 AW. Braking performance was fine the only thing was the grown/growl just before stopping.
I replaced the stock Harley/Brembo brake pads with Lyndall Gold Plus pads. The problem instantly disappeared.

To date I have put 9000 miles on the Lyndall's and they are still quiet.
Easy fix ....

-Tim

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Same on my 06R only when slowly stopping (light pressure). It hasn't bothered me enought to do anything about it, but I'll use EBC pads next.

It seems a common issue but it isn't a high priority since performance isn't affected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts