Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 VRSCB and after reading some of the posts here i know what I must do.
1) Deactivate all credit cards
2) Remove all thoughts of mods
3) Sell the bi-waiiiiiiiiiitttttt yeah right
Nevermind that, guess im all in.
Thanks in advance to all the members who will help me bankrupt myself in the next 6 months. :angeldev:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Welcome to the club. Now tell us your REAL plans......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luckily enough she came with a supertrapp exhaust already installed.
I would like to get a fairing and mounting for a dx headlight. The wife is demanding a mini sissy bar since she tends to slide off the back. Currently doing research on which tuner to buy(and how to use it). Wow, this list could go on and on.:D

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
turbo now and just get it down and over with...

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have an 08 dx that I took off the whole headlight assembly and fairing and also took off the baseplate and mini sissy bar. Do some research and see if they fit and if you are interested in them still I will research them to come up with a fair price.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I just bought a 2005 VRSCB and after reading some of the posts here i know what I must do.
1) Deactivate all credit cards
2) Remove all thoughts of mods
3) Sell the bi-waiiiiiiiiiitttttt yeah right
Nevermind that, guess im all in.
Thanks in advance to all the members who will help me bankrupt myself in the next 6 months. :angeldev:
Welcome! If thinking about saving money, you definenitely found the wrong forum!! :D

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy the affliction!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Welcome! Just remember, never drink and surf! joe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe a dumb question but i don't know.
Can the air filter be changed to topless without a tuner installed yet, or will that make it run worse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No tuner at all. Is topless an option without it?

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
If no tuner and you have a exhaust, i would wait for topless until you get a tuner installed. These bikes come a tad lean from the factory. Even with the exhaust, most on here would recommend installing a tuner.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I have been having problems with the tins rubbing and rattling on the top of the airbox cover and its getting pretty annoying
Its going to get cold again so I probly wont spend much time messing with her until the temp goes back up a little
(no garage to work in just a shed to store in so far)

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
What is making the noise? Your tins or the air box. Check the clips that holds the top of the air box on. Also, is your tin loose? Check to make sure your grommets where your tins in front mount in to are good shape. Some times those go bad and your tins will be loose.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts