Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Monkey
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on? new around here. I live in kenly nc about 45 mins south east of Raleigh. and I'm in the air force. since this is a bike forum a little about my riding history. This will be my 3rd bike in less then 2 years riding. My first bike was a 2009 vulcan 900, got real bored with that bike real quick.

so I turned around and got a concours 14 (sport touring bike) in sept of last year. That bike was jinxed from the beginning. when they went to service it the lift collapsed and I ended up with a new exhaust and fairings. . .with 0 miles on the bike. after getting it from the shop 2 weeks later. I took it on a 500 mile 2 day trip. and then deployed for 4 months. while I was deployed my father-in-law watched after the bike. started it every week and even rode it. but the battery wouldn't stay charged. even with riding it for 30-40 mins once a week during the winter. after they finally changed the battery the bike stayed charged. so I figured my luck was changing on the bike. I returned from the deployment and picked up riding it back and forth to work. over all I had no problems but in augs I decided to do an IBA challenge 1500 miles in 24 hrs. I succeeded 23hrs and 3 mins. kenly nc to san antonio texas. I-95 down to jacksonville then i-10 west. while on the return ride my front brakes started pulsating with light braking. I found it was a common problem with the connie. so I purchased new rotors and pads. well a week later I'm on my way to eat diner not even 5 miles from the house and I'm waking up in an ambulance.

I don't know what happened. The last thing I remember before the accident was turning right at a stop sign. but the accident took place about a half mile from that stop sign. According to the police report I didn't follow the road in a right hand curve. I just went straight into the ditch. the speed limit was 55 and the report said I was doing about 40 mph when I left the road and 35 when I hit the ditch. I don't remember any of this and it's been almost 3 weeks. so after 12,000 miles on this bike I ended up with the bike being totaled, a cracked my helmet, dirtied up my new boots and jacket. and the only real damage to myself was a few gigantic bruises on my back and right side, sprained left shoulder and foot, and scrapped knees.

after this accident I'm ready to get on another bike. and I've chosen a bike that's more me then what my in-laws ride, but nothing really like my previous bike. I love the sound of the V-twin and the look of the muscle. I just hope I can modify it up to about what the connie had in power 101-102 tq and about 144 whp.

I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and gals.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy the Bike every mile down the Road and Smile.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts