Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this '03 V and the FIRST thing someone should have told me was, " dude, clean the solid rear aluminum rim with a Mothers Ball and Mothers Aluminum cleaner, it's a snap "!!!

Found out the hard way on my own.

Peace !

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
put 08D wheels on it...

look at Gregs wheels on the home page. he has them chromed.

I put the F on the front of mine.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i have spokes.. but you know if you need some one to tell you how to clean your bike... then .. well.. maybe... ummmmmmmmm

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never had to clean a solid aluminum wheel before, so yeah, a pointer/tip would have been welcome. Especially since I got this V from an 80 year old guy that didn't take as much pride in "shiny and clean" as I do.

I think the front wheel is called a Dominator or something, much easier to care for. I thought I'd buy a different rear, but now that this one looks so good and is so easy to clean, I think I'll keep it. May end up getting it chromed, but I doubt it.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I just got this '03 V and the FIRST thing someone should have told me was, " dude, clean the solid rear aluminum rim with a Mothers Ball and Mothers Aluminum cleaner, it's a snap "!!!

Found out the hard way on my own.

Peace !
The powerball has probably been mentioned 100 times in threads here. Learn to read! :stilpoke::D

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
best polish in the world IMOP

Shurshot sells the very best aluminum cleaner and polish that I've ever used and I've tried them all including mothers. Contact him you will be happy. curley

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Shurshot sells the very best aluminum cleaner and polish that I've ever used and I've tried them all including mothers. Contact him you will be happy. curley
I do it by hand. Grab a rag & use a good aluminum polish

·
'00 107" FXD, '07 AW
1,232 Posts
I'm working on doing it my osmosis, I have the ball and cleaner within 10 or 15 feet of the wheels; so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of change but who knows how it will look by Springtime.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
bahahaha AndyV, yes I hate the upkeep on the aluminum wheels Im savin scratch for a chrome job on them and the rear axle..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The powerball has probably been mentioned 100 times in threads here. Learn to read! :stilpoke::D
I'm still new here, haven't read everything, but I'm learning real quick that this is as much a ball bustin' forum as the real Harley forum.:stilpoke:

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I'm still new here, haven't read everything, but I'm learning real quick that this is as much a ball bustin' forum as the real Harley forum.:stilpoke:
Don't take what a couple here say too serious, there are some real good folks here that do as much as they can to help others... Like you said, you're new here, give it time, we're not all ball busters :)... Use the grocery store method, take what you need and leave the rest...

We all were new here and we all got jump'ed by the older members for asking questions that have been asked before... Seems as tho new members are required to use the search button first, I didn't and I got slammed the first time too :)... Welcome to the forum bro, if there's anything I can help you with don't hestitate to ask... I don't have all the answers nor do I profess to be the best of the best but I can help with certain parts and accessories and if I know something that I've learned thru experience, I share what I know as do many members on this site...

You'll learn who knows their $heit and who doesn't :)... Actually, you rec'd less flack then I did with my first question on this site :).... Oh, and make no mistake this is the "real" Harley forum, I'm also a lifetime member of the V-Twin forum and they both have their ball busters and those that know what their talking about and help... Hang in there and congrats on getting a Rod, seems like you like the year 03 :)

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
i just got this '03 v and the first thing someone should have told me was, " dude, clean the solid rear aluminum rim with a mothers ball and mothers aluminum cleaner, it's a snap "!!!

found out the hard way on my own.

Peace !
dude???

The "real Harley" forum??? Aw sheeet....gonna fit right in here.:D

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
hey, if we cant have fun on here, why hang out....

·
Partlino
72 Posts
I'd recommend using Armor-All's Wheel Protectant on the wheel after you clean it. It keeps the brake dust from sticking to the wheel and makes cleaning them alot easier. I only had to use the ball and polish once in the spring, and after that only a quick wipe with a towel to keep the wheel clean was all that was needed for the rest on the season

·
'00 107" FXD, '07 AW
1,232 Posts
Once I get my wheels cleaned I'm going to start using Armor-All's Wheel Protectant; I bought the ball and polish, just last month, which I have every intention of using as soon as I get around to it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts