Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 3800 miles on my bike and the pads look thin. What kinda of mileage is normal? Ok I ride hard but just tryin to get some thoughts.

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
The pads are kinda thin new (not auto pads). I know vrod-255 had 10xxx on his before he change them and trust me he does ride hard.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I guess it all depends on how hard you brake...on past bikes I have been able to get 25,000 miles out of a stock set of pads...make sure you are looking at the wear indicators properly

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
I guess it all depends on how hard you brake...on past bikes I have been able to get 25,000 miles out of a stock set of pads...make sure you are looking at the wear indicators properly

That has a lot to do with it. When stoping I also downshift through the gears. I very rarely need to apply the brakes unless I need to come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
That has a lot to do with it. When stoping I also downshift through the gears. I very rarely need to apply the brakes unless I need to come to a complete stop.
Especially on Vtwin motorcycles...these engines produce a lot of engine braking!!!

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I'm easy on brakes, like to use deceleration and listen to my Jugg Huggers, and got 30,000 miles on my rear brake pads before changing. The fronts (two calipers vs. one) were only half worn, but went to Lyndal's anyway. Now have 8,000 on the Lyndal pads, no obvious reduction in thickness so far. And, for what it's worth, braking effectiveness is much better with the Lyndals, and rotor wear is much less.

·
Registered
543 Posts
38,000 on my original fronts and they still look great. Changed back ones at 26,000. Who says you need lots of braking riding the Dragon every weekend. lol

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I do most of my riding in town, I get about 10k miles per set.

·
Registered
983 Posts
17k out of the stockers on mine. I could have squeaked another 1-2k out of them. changed over to the Lyndall pads. Oh what a difference!

·
George
5,411 Posts
13K here with little wear! I also compression brake a lot....

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
what about squeaking, mine squeak bad i think i may have a cracked pad sombody tell me about these "lyndall" pads

1 - 14 of 14 Posts