Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding that under the left side cover there is an aux. connector for adding accessories. I want to utilize this connection for my driving lights. Does anyone know the part # for the male or female connector to plug into it. My stealership has no idea what I am talking about. Also, is the connection always hot with or without he key on?

Thank you in advance
Frank

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Hi Frank. I've been waiting for someone knowledgeable to answer you, but haven't seen other replies yet, so here's my very limited info: I found this aux connector under the left side cover on my 03. I've heard HD didn't include one on the 02's. If I could find it, certainly you could in a second. If I remember it correctly (it's already been 2 weeks - memory gone), your accessory would need a two-hole, female connector plug, but I'd suggest you get in there and look at it yourself to be sure. I've heard it is 12v, but can't verify that either.

I don't know if it stays live or not without the key on. I tried figuring out what it's attached to on the electrical diagrams in the 03 service manual, but I couldn't even find it on the diagrams, which is no surprise since I have no knowledge of how to read them.

Sure hope someone else can answer your questions. I just tried calling my dealer and nobody in parts has heard of it, they don't know what kind of connector it would take, and none of the techs are in today. If nobody else answers here, maybe I can get some info tomorrow.

Val

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Frank,
I talked to the v-rod tech in the service dept on Thursday and he said the connector does turn off with the key. However, as far as he AND the parts guy could tell me, HD doesn't have a connector or any accessories for this thing.

let us know if you can find out anything more about it, ok?

thanks,

Val

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
I thought that the last time that I wad under there, that the accessory plug came with the BOTH the male and the female.

When you find it, depress the connector release catch and pull the two apart. Mine had seals where I would think that the two wires would be crimped into. Check it out, you may have everything that you need...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Pretty hanndy for those longer trips. I'm thinkin' about where an out of the way place is to mount it. Anyone with any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Not very elegant, but attached to the battery minder circuit with about $10 in radio shack parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts