Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you set the alarm to auto set on a 06 A model?? I know there is prob a link on here but I didn't see it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,248 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
how do you set the alarm to auto set on a 06 A model?? I know there is prob a link on here but I didn't see it.
Assuming this is the original "push button" fob TSSM version:
To set the TSSM to Auto-arming (not available on HDI because it can't be turned off):
1) Set RUN/OFF switch to OFF (verify that security lamp is not blinking: vehicle is disarmed)
2) Turn IGN key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
3) Press left turn switch 2 times and release, wait for confirmation: turn signals will flash 2 or 3 times (should be 2 flashes indicating a Domestic TSSM)
4) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received: turn signals flash 1 time
5) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received: turn signals flash 2 times
6) Press left turn switch 1 time and release, wait for confirmation: turn signals flash to indicate option selected (1 flash = auto-arming disabled, 2 flashes = auto-arming enabled)
7) Press and release left turn switch to advance to desired option: if at step 6) it flashed once step 7) should make it flash twice. When it flashes twice you're done.
8) Turn IGN key OFF
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is thank you very much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Seems simple enough to me! WOW couldn't they add a few more steps to it?
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This can be closed now
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
worked like champ thank you
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would be nice but no extra coin for the DGD so I'll deal with my stock siren and my 5.64 108 dcbl alarm
 

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
Once the bike is set up for auto arm, is there a way to have it not arm - let's say, if you want to work on the bike or something?
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have no idea Un-hook the battery lol
 

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
i have no idea Un-hook the battery lol
es la stinkita :)

And what you mean hoping it was still riding season, I bet I still get in about 5 more weeks :). Rode last 2 days to work.
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohio getting cold I like to ride at night in a t shirt, rode today just not "riding season"
 

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
ohio getting cold I like to ride at night in a t shirt, rode today just not "riding season"
Yeah I know what you mean, I thought that same thing on the way home today - I thought it would be a lot easier to ride if I didn't have to have so many clothes on, but I'm determined to keep riding, my last ride is usually toys for tots here which is the 1st Sunday in Dec. unless we get an early snow. In '02 (I remember cuz I have a shirt) it was in the 50s for TFT, was great over 25K bikes showed up that year (that was pre-Vrod though, had my V-max).
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
25,000 bikes?????? or 2,500 bikes?
 

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
CTMorgan111 said:
25,000 bikes?????? or 2,500 bikes?
25,000. This is Chicago. Was in the 50s. I heard a couple years ago when I was planning to go - but there was snow there were still a few thousand bikes.
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dmlkm said:
25,000. This is Chicago. Was in the 50s. I heard a couple years ago when I was planning to go - but there was snow there were still a few thousand bikes.
WOW that is great
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,248 Posts
dmlkm said:
Once the bike is set up for auto arm, is there a way to have it not arm - let's say, if you want to work on the bike or something?
If you read post #2 you'll see that at steps 6) and 7) toggling between auto arming enabled/disable is possible. Of course this works for U.S. domestic delivery models only.

You can also put the system into "Transport Mode":
1) Set RUN/OFF switch to OFF (verify that security lamp is not blinking: vehicle is disarmed)
2) Turn IGN key ON
3) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received: turn signals flash 3 times
4) Turn IGN key OFF
5) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received: turn signals flash 3 times

The bike can now be moved without tripping the alarm, but can't be started. To remove the system from transport mode, use the fob or "personal code" to disarm the system.
 

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
Joined
·
2,184 Posts
stever975 said:
If you read post #2 you'll see that at steps 6) and 7) toggling between auto arming enabled/disable is possible. Of course this works for U.S. domestic delivery models only.

You can also put the system into "Transport Mode":
1) Set RUN/OFF switch to OFF (verify that security lamp is not blinking: vehicle is disarmed)
2) Turn IGN key ON
3) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received: turn signals flash 3 times
4) Turn IGN key OFF
5) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received: turn signals flash 3 times

The bike can now be moved without tripping the alarm, but can't be started. To remove the system from transport mode, use the fob or "personal code" to disarm the system.
Yeah, but who remembers all those steps each time. My point is if auto arm is set, would be nice if you can like turn the alarm off twice and then it won't auto arm. Seems if I keep turning it off it keeps auto arming. I was looking for something simple :).
 

·
"A" model citizen
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HD MO CO makes nothing simple lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,248 Posts
dmlkm said:
Yeah, but who remembers all those steps each time. My point is if auto arm is set, would be nice if you can like turn the alarm off twice and then it won't auto arm. Seems if I keep turning it off it keeps auto arming. I was looking for something simple :).
Well, I don't have much else to suggest on this. Most key fob activated auto arming alarms have similar multi-step procedures to activate/deactivate the "features". Since I switched to a Digital Guard Dawg system I don't even use the TSSM security system so I don't remember these TSSM procedures either. If I did use it and needed to mess with it, I'd copy these procedures to a handy piece of paper. After doing it a few times I'd probably commit it to memory.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top