Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aussie Registry

Sunny Mystic Sands.
Get your Atlas out, look up AUSTRALIA, Queensland, Go two thirds of the way up the coast, and look for Townsville, we are between Townsville and Ingham. (You may find Balgal Beach or Rollingstone)
7 Great Barrier Reef Islands out side my window, and no such thing as a winter!
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
G'day Ken,

I am in Surry Hills, Sydney... looking for other Sydney V-Roders.
I heard they are good roads to ride up there where you are.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
I'm at Hamilton, on the north side of Brisbane.

Nice to see a couple Aussies on here, but from Townsville to Brisbane and on to Sydney is a long way between v rods!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aussie V Rods

G'day Fellas.
I know of around 6 other V Rods in this area (it's been a big seller since I bought mine, which was on the dealer floor for months.)
It would be good for them to get on this list, but then I loose my parts and tech edge!!!
I hate it when someone else pulls up on their bike and they have more visible mods than me! ;)
Might keep it my little secret.
(I really like your bike Karl. While the mods may be normal in the US, they are expensive parts here in Oz.)

Best wishes everyone, and have a great Christmas and new Year.

Ken.
:cheers:

03 Anodised
Power Commander
Vance and Hines Power Shots
SE Air Filter ($200 AU!!!)
Sundowner Seat
Backrest and pac rac
HD pac rac bag
Battery tender
Sport Windshield
Zodiac Indicator mirrors
HD Leather Grips
HD Tank Bra
Assorted Chrome add ons.
HD Clock
NEED SADDLE BAGS BADLY
And a Wife who's roping in my spending!!!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Thanks Ken. I kinda just swallowed hard and bit the bullet. There are a few guys I know on the Gold Coast with v rods as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi guy's

I feel left out! Am I the only one in Canberra?

Vmod, PCIIIr, SE, 28t.

cheers
Frank

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Welcome to the downunder clan Frank, we're a little thin on the ground and well separated. Summs up the population pretty well actually! We need to promote this site a little better, but how?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks Karl, agree on promoting the site more, difficult to do without knowing any one else. I think there are only two V-Rods in the ACT. Perhaps we need to rally around HOG chapters??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HOG chapters?, and I thought you blokes may have been decerning in your tastes!
That's why I bought the V Rod, to get away from the HOG clone scene.
It surprises me that there's no one else from Nth QLD on this list, as Orm Snell HD have sold around 6 V Rods.
Another great day (if a bit bloody hot) up here, and seeing the Seadoo is playing up, looks like another blast up to Mission Beach is in order. (Still on Long Service Leave for another week or so.)

Best wishes fellas.

Ken.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
I hate you Ken! :spank:

Workin my ass off down here, but at leat it's not 42 bloody degrees now. That was a little oppressive.

I have not yet involved myself in the local HOG chapter, mainly because the rigid structure and ride timing does not fit well with my other committments. I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but it seems to be a bit of an all or nothing thing. I need to grab a ride when I can with whomever is handy, or no-one.

I think if we could get the dealers to tell v-rod buyers about the site would be best, but they might not want all of us having access to this info and being able to compare notes. The guys at my dealer have shown supreme disinterest for their own edification, let alone promoting it to customers. That surprised me a little becuse it really is an opportunity for them to lead the way and offer something extra to buyers.

Maybe we can get business cards from Max (happy to have them printed here to an agreed design) and we can be the local v-rod forums representative and they can leave the cards in a holder at the counter where you pay for the goodies? What about it Max???

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G'day Karl mate.
Remember, in Oz its Arse, not Ass!!! (Proud Aussie who hates seeing our language erroded :spank: )
I think the HD dealers would actually loose money to some extent, once everyone got to know how much we are being ripped off in Oz with the cost of genuine HD parts. Chicago HD rules! (As well as Chopper Steve for his product support, although I havent purchased from him yet.)
I've told my local tech at Orm Snell HD in Townsville (great dealership) about the site and he was very interested. They would be silly not to be. Almost 1000 members, so close to 1000 V Rods, all over the world, that's a big test bed and information source.
Anyway Karl, I'd better get out and head Nth, been sitting on the computer for over an hour. I'll have a beer at Port Hinchenbrook for you. :ride:
(We have a few storms around at present, so while I'm going to be hot, I'll also get very wet with out fail!)

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Jeese, you're right. Wash my mouth out with soap and kick my ARSE, what was I thinkin'??? :laugh:

Have a good ride mate, and keep the shiny side up if the twisty's get slippery in the wet.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Hi Peoples i found the aussi registry ! seems a nice forum for v rods this..
I wonder how many V-rods are in oz?

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
I was very surprised to see there are 32 registered in WA (don't ask how I know this!!).

I have only ever seen two on the road over here - dunno where they are all hiding...

·
Registered
62 Posts
At least five others in Canberra, trying to find out who they are.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
We should see if we can get our dealers to send something out for us - I'd cover postage happily.

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
A quick note to my Aussie counterparts. I've posted on the forum (See Biker Build off with Peter Fonda, Billy Lane and Indian Larry for more info on how this came bout) about an upcoming trip to Downunder, and would be interested in meeting up with fellow V-Rodders if possible.

My wife and I fly into Sydney (schedule as yet to be set) and are willing to get to a common area to meet up with all for maybe a day or two, three of some fun and riding if its good for all.

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to meeting up with all if possible.

Aloha and take care.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
2 stage PM sent mate. Looking forward to it.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Advice for Rich Moran

I thought I would paste my amateur trip advice in here so you other travel agents in waiting can flame my ideas ;)

More heads an all. Pastes begin below.

Lots to see and do around Sydney- it's a great city and members live there - dapriadi and Robyyy. Frank is close by (relatively) in Canberra. Check out the beaches like Bondi, Tamarama (the locals call it Glamorama cuz of the quality of the eye candy), and some other stuff I have set out below.

Brisbane is about a 12 hour drive North from Sydney, but you should take a few days and see the sights. There is some great riding between Sydney and here, Coastal and Hinterland. You could even duck left and see a bit of the inner outback if you have time, but there's lots to see regardless.

Near Sydney is the Hunter Valley, one of Australia's premium wine regions. Beautiful place too. Fantastic places to stay. Plus you get up into the Blue Mountains just west of Sydney (a couple hours ride) and the scenery is great, twisties great for riding etc. All easy overnight tripping.

Coming north closer to Brisbane you need to see Byron Bay and the hills inland from there around Bangalow in Northern NSW, the Tweed and Gold Coasts as well as the Hinterland there around Tamborine Mountain and Springbrook . I lived on the Gold Coast when I was growing up and places like the Natural Arch at Springbrook are beautiful. It's kinda a bit like our Hawaii, but that's a bad comparison - you've heard of Surfers Paradise? That's at the Gold Coast. Fantastic beaches, but check out Kirra, Greenmount and the ones further south, less touristy.

Then you hit Queensland's capital city BrisVegas (an hour north of the Gold Coast and 90 minutes south of the Sunshine Coast) where I live and we can ride around Mt Glorious and Mt Nebo in the State Forest Park 20 minutes to the west- gorgeous scenery and great twisty's. Then we get to the Sunshine Coast north of here - better than the Gold Coast, similar set up - gorgeous coast line and beaches (Noosa, Sunshine Beach, Mooloolaba, Maroochydore), magnificent hinterland rides (Montville, Maleny etc)

Brisbane and Noosa also have great restaurants, world class (as does Sydney), so the wine and foody in you will be a happy camper indeed. I also think we make some of the best wine in the world, and while I am no expert, I am a very enthusiastic amateur with mates who are totally obsessed with the stuff, in a big way, so I hope we can hook you up there.

Don't worry about being a pain in the arse or imposing, we are pretty laid back over here mate, but I appreciate what you are saying. I am really looking forward to your visit. There are so many great guys and gals on the vrf, but it is a little hard for me to go for rides with you if you know what I mean

You could do everything (or most of) what I laid out in 2 weeks - Sydney + surrounds, 5 days, ride to QLD 3 days (taking it easy, poking around), onite in Byron, 5 days to do Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast. We don't have a "wet season" as such in South East Queensland, although prime weather really is around September/October for Spring (maybe too early for you) or March - either side of Summer which can get a little Hot, but being from Hawaii, you might not care! Monsoon season is WAY further north.

Yoy might decide to fly to Brisbane from Sydney, hang around and explore the South East corner and then fly from Brisbane to Cairns to go and see the Reef - well worth it mate! You can do an easy day's ride from there up to the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation. So 3 days in Cairns would be great if you ride out to the Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley in Sydney, fly here, ride SE Queensland, then take a quick trip up north and Scuba! Actually, that is really going to be the best of all options I reckon and doable in 14 days on the ground here. 21 would be great, but a couple weeks is heaps.

Bike hire in Sydney - not sure, but here and up north I think you can rent Harleys, including v-rods, through my local dealer, Morgan and Wacker. (www.morganandwacker.com.au). They will know someone in Sydney for sure, so they would be a good place to start.

Let me know as the questions occur to you mate - no problem at all!

OK guys - flame suit on!

·
Vivid Black & Silver
3 Posts
Fellow V-Rodders

I've found it! The information super highway on the one topic we all care about... The awesome VRod. Well it's good to meet you all. I met Karl on Sat 3rd July at the M & W VRod day. Great to learn about this site from you Karl. It's everything you said and some. I'll be here a while discovering new info. It's good to see fellow Aussie Rodders in one common place even if it's not physically.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts