Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depart from Downtown Portland's Kellys Olympian Club at HIGH NOON
*A familiar downtown beer joint since 1902, it now has new ownership and a new vibe. The vintage neon sign out front is the same, but inside, the bar is transformed by dark green and maroon tones and an imposing collection of vintage motorcycles suspended from the ceiling. A diner-like counter runs the length of one wall, while tables line the other. Live rock music and DJs bring in the scenesters and set the tone.

From Kelly's across the Morrison Bridge to I-84 East is a nice straight stretch out to Multnomah Falls, for a bit of a break and then back down the old scenic highway past bridal veil falls and back into troutdale... A part day blast that leaves most of the day open for other stuff...

Thanks for grabbing that url tapia... I hit this place often, or use to, and it is very nice and relaxed, and they have pretty good food as well... Looking forward to a nice ride with you this weekend, the weather is improving and it looks most excellent for Saturday...
Here's a few shots inside of Kelly's that are great!!!
http://www.kellysolympian.com/kellys-photos1.html

*The day is a guaranteed total success already, it's a day to ride... So , enjoy your weekends everyone, and if we see ya it's just that much cooler....

Attachments

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Boy would love to but just had Carpal Tunnel surgery. Cant ride till Sept. 20th. Got to get healthy for retirement next year.

Also there is a motorcycle rally at Chinook winds this weekend in Lincoln City. Lots of bikes. I will be attending that again next year.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
I'm changing my plugs today and getting the bike ready for the ride down tomorrow.
What time are we meeting up?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tapia said:
I'm changing my plugs today and getting the bike ready for the ride down tomorrow.
What time are we meeting up?
And a fine Friday to you :)

I figured that I'd get downtown about an hour early, they have parking in front of the place so it will be zero problem there... Coming off the Morrison Bridge just stay on Washington Street and Kelly's is on the left side of the street...

I'll be hanging out there before so come when ever you make it, and we can meet, greet, eat and beat feet down the gorge for a bit... I'm looking forward to chatting about your experiences with 1130cc and a nice relaxed ride too...
See ya tomorrow... :)

Attachments

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Thanks for sticking around for me. Next time let's pound some pavement.
Good to finally meet you. Ride down there wasn't bad at all. Just kinda boring be the freeway and all.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tapia said:
Thanks for sticking around for me. Next time let's pound some pavement.
Good to finally meet you. Ride down there wasn't bad at all. Just kinda boring be the freeway and all.
No problem at all... Glad to make yer aquaintance...
Realizing you'd just pounded down from Carnation I figured some chow and stretching legs was just the ticket for that afternoon, but next time down this way and we "WILL" take a nice rip somewhere... Yeah, the only thing that makes long freeway rides fun for me is good music, loud and pumping...

I try to ignore the occasional import bike who wants to see if they are faster than me, and am successful at doing so fairly often too! (grin)...

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Ha!
I went for a ride thru Farmington yesterday. And yep it's farming country.

I'd like to head back your way in 3 weeks (Sept 15 or 16th )and head up to the falls and where ever else.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me check with momma and see what up, but since weekends for me are full of promise, as opposed to promised full, I tend to be pretty open to making noise and getting out... The sound of your bike makes me pretty sure I'm going to have to modify those 16 gauges I have, I thought my bike had run out of gas and stopped when you fired yers up... :)

Call it "Decibel Envy"...:notworth:
PS, for some reason I find your latest avatar quite charming... Is there a story behind it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts