Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the word that I'm attending a conferance down in Melbourne Australia next month (insert Homer-like "Yoo-Hoo!!"). Since I have never been to that side of the globe before I would luv some suggestions as to places to go and things to see. Bike related or not, gimme some ideas! Oh, and if anyone can figure out a good way to spend 24 hours in Singapore, I'm all ears :D

Thor

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Bob do you have room in your bag to smuggle me along, would love to spend a couple of days in OZ.

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob do you have room in your bag to smuggle me along, would love to spend a couple of days in OZ
As long as you don't mind the possibility of it being a one-way trip, you know - just in case I find me a sheila that I'd like to bring home with me...:D
Odd thing is, last years conferance was in your neck of the woods - Dallas. And yes, we visited Plano as well!

Thor

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I remember when you were here last year, I had invited you to give me a call when you were here but you had been pretty busy as I remember. Maybe we will get another shot at it sometime.

Max

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats right Max, they did keep us busy last year. Chances are that I'll be visting the area again though, a lot of our work is related to Lockheed Fort Worth, so they tend to locate these things in that area. And I found that Texas is quite BIIIIIG, so I'm thinking I need more time on my next visit!

Thor

·
Registered
284 Posts
Melbourne

G'day THORBOB.
Well, let me see, Melbourne in Feb.
Bring hot and cold clothing, as weather can be 40deg C over 100F one day, and 22 deg C the next.
It's Summer, so bring your bathers and hit the Great Ocean Road. Great drive, though do it on a week day if possible, as the tourists are murder otherwise.
Where exactly are you going to stay (area of Melbourne)?
Sharlene and I are driving down there with the Indian in the trailer (3000kms away) for some leave and to visit the outlaws.
If you let me know where you will be, I can give you some ideas, and maby even catch up for a beer?
WORD OF ADVICE, only swim between the flag on our beaches. We loose numerous overseas visitors each year due to not following this direction.

Best wishes mate.

Ken and Sharlene.
:cheers:

ThorBob said:
Just got the word that I'm attending a conferance down in Melbourne Australia next month (insert Homer-like "Yoo-Hoo!!"). Since I have never been to that side of the globe before I would luv some suggestions as to places to go and things to see. Bike related or not, gimme some ideas! Oh, and if anyone can figure out a good way to spend 24 hours in Singapore, I'm all ears :D

Thor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts