Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

In the process of my very own turbo installation to my 2014 vrscdx.

Have been peicing together parts for quite some time now and decided to pull the bike off road about a month ago and get into it.

I have been learning a lot and going useful information on this forum.

My parts list so far as follows:
-Garrett gt2560r turbo
-Tial 38mm external wastegate
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-mild steel manifold and dump soon to be ceramic coated
-deka 630cc injectors
-plenum of my own design in fabrication

Will be aiming for approximately 180hp with low boost 8-9psi.

Getting really excited to get this thing together properly and on the dyno but I do have a few questions maybe some experienced members here can help me with.

1. What should I do for a clutch? As I have a slipper from factory I was going to get a new one from harley, install it with 3mm shims and barrnett red springs but I have had a local tuner tell me this is no good and to go with a lockup clutch instead.

2. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around vaccum lines and plumbing for the wastegate, boost gauge, fuel pressure regulator and blow off valve.

I have looked at the cp turbo installation but it still remains unclear to me. From what I understand I can run the wastegate to the compressor housing nipple. But what about the rest? I believe there is a vaccum nipple on the throttle body but I've also seen there are ports on the head. Can anyone help with this including line sizes?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 do yourself a favor and run the deka 80# injectors the red ones. they run fine with a 58 psi regulator, or you could go down to 43.5
2 my clutch setuyp like you said is holding at 15# boost

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Harley Slipper Clutch is one of the best setups for boosted applications.
It has dual ramping and increases clutch plate clamping force under acceleration load.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

• 1 do yourself a favor and run the deka 80# injectors the red ones. they run fine with a 58 psi regulator, or you could go down to 43.5
    2 my clutch setuyp like you said is holding at 15# boost
So your saying that the 80lb dekas work with the standard regulator.

If so damn.... just wasted $250

Do you have a part number by any chance?

What sort of power are you running through your clutch and did you shim springs 3mm?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts

So your saying that the 80lb dekas work with the standard regulator.

If so damn.... just wasted $250

Do you have a part number by any chance?

What sort of power are you running through your clutch and did you shim springs 3mm?

Thanks!
60 pounders really max out at 180 hp or so. the 80 pounders will idle fine and allow you to crank the boost up to around 15 psi with vp ms109 race fuel safely
me I run bosch ev14 1600cc shortys at 58 psi . they will not idle gasoline cleanly, but e85 is awesome. I run a daytona twin tec ecu. had a thundermax originally when i bought it.

Harley-Davidson; 6.0, 8.69, 10.0, 12.0, gps
or ebay
who knows how much powerI have, 250-300 probably on e85 with jones stage 4 turbo cams forged pistons h beam rods billet clutch basket slipper clutch and "whatever" springs trask upgrades their kit with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts