Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys im a new member here, i really want to know how much the Top Speed of the stock V-ROD 1130cc with gps indicated on it, cuz i really want to build a race bike with a new chassis and V-ROD engine on it, if you have experience the real top speed of the stock V-ROD, please let me know, thanks y'all, stay safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the heads up sir, btw I've been searching the information about it and i still couldn't find it, have you ever do some wot on stock 1130 with gps indicated on it? Thanks !

·
VRSCF
1,289 Posts
You dont need a GPS, you just need the gearing calculator, download here in this thread.

There is not that much difference between an 1130 or 1250, its just how long it takes to get to top speed, depending on gearing fitted. US market bikes came with a 28tooth front pulley as standard, somewhere along the way European and other export market bikes had a 30t pulley. Top speed with a 28t front at 9200rpm limiter is 142-4mph depending on what tyre you have fitted.

Bikes with 30t front pulley and 240 rear are geared for 156mph ish (!) and I never managed that on standard power output. I changed the gearing on my Euro spec bike back to US market 28t front, have a stage 1 custom tune, removed about 15kg in weight and it pulls to 9200rpm in top.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I can say using the speedometer ( which is fairly accurate on my bike at least at lower speeds ) the stock 28t should be good for 150 Mph indicated as @ 4500 Rpm it's exactly 75 Mph indicated. I've gone 135+ ( on a rural 2 lane road :oops: ) and there was throttle left so on a 4 lane highway I believe she'll pull 150 indicated or close with it's Stg 1 110-112 Rwhp. I went to a 30t ( I should have done it long ago, so much better for what I do with the bike ) and I figured a 7% speed increase/Rpm drop. Although the speedo reads the same since the pickup is on the transmission output gear not the wheel I feel confident that the new geared top speed is 160 Mph indicated on a 180 rear as long as engine power is sufficient and her sport windshield doesn't fly off - If not my new Stg 2 1250 with CNC heads and AV&V racing valves and a few other tricks will pull it power wise and like bogie the higher 9200-9250 Rpm limiter should be 160 indicated, 156 actual, possibly 164 indicated, 160 actual ? - Don't know what kinda racing you're planning on doing Jojo91 but a Turbo V Rod went 200 Mph at Bonneville, and that was in the early V Rod days - with today's improved Turbo systems and a proper built big bore engine you could probably fit some aerodynamic beetle bags and go for the prior 217 Mph bagger record @ B-ville and beat it easy ! BRING LOTS OF MONEY !! (y):D

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
🍿🍿🍿 I'm just here for the popcorn. Maybe we need to find someone with a turbo on their ride and made a gear change (maybe with a chain drive). Gotta find somewhere that runs those mile events.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Chain drive or custom rear pulley, 34 or higher fwd pulley & belt - no 1 mile setup too short to many guys panic stop & go flying - need the 2 mile runway here at ORL - see if I can arrange that I've got friends in the tower (y) :oops:

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
I would never exceed the posted speed limit with any of my vehicles. :rolleyes:

Anyone interested in buying a bridge ?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
[QUOTE="bogie, post: 4764838, member: 40261]

There is not that much difference between an 1130 or 1250, its just how long it takes to get to top speed, depending on gearing fitted. US market bikes came with a 28tooth front pulley as standard, somewhere along the way European and other export market bikes had a 30t pulley. Top speed with a 28t front at 9200rpm limiter is 142-4mph depending on what tyre you have fitted.
[/QUOTE]
2002 and 2003 domestic models came with a 30 tooth front pulley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can say using the speedometer ( which is fairly accurate on my bike at least at lower speeds ) the stock 28t should be good for 150 Mph indicated as @ 4500 Rpm it's exactly 75 Mph indicated. I've gone 135+ ( on a rural 2 lane road :oops: ) and there was throttle left so on a 4 lane highway I believe she'll pull 150 indicated or close with it's Stg 1 110-112 Rwhp. I went to a 30t ( I should have done it long ago, so much better for what I do with the bike ) and I figured a 7% speed increase/Rpm drop. Although the speedo reads the same since the pickup is on the transmission output gear not the wheel I feel confident that the new geared top speed is 160 Mph indicated on a 180 rear as long as engine power is sufficient and her sport windshield doesn't fly off - If not my new Stg 2 1250 with CNC heads and AV&V racing valves and a few other tricks will pull it power wise and like bogie the higher 9200-9250 Rpm limiter should be 160 indicated, 156 actual, possibly 164 indicated, 160 actual ? - Don't know what kinda racing you're planning on doing Jojo91 but a Turbo V Rod went 200 Mph at Bonneville, and that was in the early V Rod days - with today's improved Turbo systems and a proper built big bore engine you could probably fit some aerodynamic beetle bags and go for the prior 217 Mph bagger record @ B-ville and beat it easy ! BRING LOTS OF MONEY !! (y):D
im planning to build a race bike like roehr 1250 sc and right now i'm still saving up my money, wish me luck sir.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
After seeing the King of the Baggers race today at Laguna Seca I gotta say where the hell was everyone when the R Model came out ? Just imagine taking 10 new identical R models, back in '06 or '07 - fitting custom sticky tires on lighter wheels, 2-1 exhausts, light sport bags and having a sport bagger class with the likes of guys like Roland Sands, and top sport bike racers at the time ? Sounds crazy right ? Until now - riders are dragging H-D into racing again even though H-D is not really into it - but they should be ! Lets face it H-D doesn't stand a chance against anything other than an equivalent model modified cruiser/bagger from another Mfg. but is that cool racing a 600 Lb ( previously 850 Lb ) Bagger or what ? Good Luck Jojo91 ! Just do your research to figure out what you'll end up with after putting mammoth amounts of man-hours and money into your project. Others have done it, H-D did it first with the VR1000 - one hell of an effort, but heavy, slow, not truly competitive, but as a street bike, for fun - now - well hell yea ! Remember - you don't have to be the fastest to have the most fun, you just have to be realistic about the end result - in the beginning - and plan accordingly (y) :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After seeing the King of the Baggers race today at Laguna Seca I gotta say where the hell was everyone when the R Model came out ? Just imagine taking 10 new identical R models, back in '06 or '07 - fitting custom sticky tires on lighter wheels, 2-1 exhausts, light sport bags and having a sport bagger class with the likes of guys like Roland Sands, and top sport bike racers at the time ? Sounds crazy right ? Until now - riders are dragging H-D into racing again even though H-D is not really into it - but they should be ! Lets face it H-D doesn't stand a chance against anything other than an equivalent model modified cruiser/bagger from another Mfg. but is that cool racing a 600 Lb ( previously 850 Lb ) Bagger or what ? Good Luck Jojo91 ! Just do your research to figure out what you'll end up with after putting mammoth amounts of man-hours and money into your project. Others have done it, H-D did it first with the VR1000 - one hell of an effort, but heavy, slow, not truly competitive, but as a street bike, for fun - now - well hell yea ! Remember - you don't have to be the fastest to have the most fun, you just have to be realistic about the end result - in the beginning - and plan accordingly (y) :cool:
The bagger series cup should get more recognition, i admit the AMA Superbikes is entertaining but this bagger series is on whole another level, it requires ballsy riders to do it !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im planning to build a race bike like roehr or ducati styled bike with V-ROD engine on it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts