Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 06 Nite Rod for a little over a month. This is the first bike I have EVER had. I am adding some "Willie G" accessories and I would like to know exactly what and the location of the Derby and Clutch covers.....as embarrassing as it is to ask.....LOL

Pics would probably be best...LMAO

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Purchase and utilize the SERVICE MANUAL
Read your owner's manual
then come back if you still have questions. The derby & clutch covers are clearly called out in the owner's manual.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
That is actually a very good question.

The derby cover is the small, round clutch cover on most other Harleys, but not on the V-Rod. However, it is still the small round cover within the larger cover on the left side of the bike (held on by two bolts). On the V-Rod, it is used to access the crankshaft for manual engine rotation without having to remove the entire alternator cover.

The clutch cover on the V-Rod is the largest engine cover on the right side.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the guy I bought her from lost all the manuals and even the title in a house fire. I have checked several times with local dealers and they don't have the manual in stock.
Sorry I don't have one to refer to, if I did, I wouldn't have to ask.

Thank you for your HELP Dave!!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Well, the guy I bought her from lost all the manuals and even the title in a house fire. I have checked several times with local dealers and they don't have the manual in stock.
Sorry I don't have one to refer to, if I did, I wouldn't have to ask.
2006 VRSC Owner's Manual is P/N 99736-06A, $16.48 from Zanotti's. Might be worth checking with some of the on-line dealers to see if they have it in stock -- Zanotti's, Chicago HD, etc.

Service manual is 99501-06A, Parts catalog is 99457-06A. You can find them on eBay sometimes. I recommend both of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts