Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just visited their web site and couldn't find out thier price on the air shocks. Can anyone tell me how much they are?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
In my opinion and I have ridden both sets of shocks, the 440's are a much nicer ride, but the arnotts, being able to slam it while parked is pretty cool. Cannot go wrong with the 440's.

·
Registered
329 Posts
In my opinion and I have ridden both sets of shocks, the 440's are a much nicer ride, but the arnotts, being able to slam it while parked is pretty cool. Cannot go wrong with the 440's.
so the 440's give a nicer ride? How much of a pita is it to adjust with bags installed?

Thats the nice thing with air shocks being able to adjust easily when having heavy loaded bags on or for when my mrs rides along.

MH

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I have 440's and wish to make them stiffer, as I get some excess rebound when 2 up. But I'm not sure of the procedure. It's hard to get ahold of the top to twist it, if that's what you do. Do I need a strap wrench?

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
I have 440's and wish to make them stiffer, as I get some excess rebound when 2 up. But I'm not sure of the procedure. It's hard to get ahold of the top to twist it, if that's what you do. Do I need a strap wrench?
you should be able to adjust with 2 hands. my 440 is a bit stiff so i struggle a little but still can use bare hands. strap wrench would help as long as you be careful not to scratch the top mount.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gdub, So are you saying the ARNOTTS are rough riding or pogo?
I am in the market for a shock that I can still get a good ride with and adjust on the fly. I currently cannot adjsut my 440 with bags on.
thanks, SB

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Check Progressive suspension's website, they have instructions on the shock adjustments. My bike came with 440s with the softest setting and I had no idea how to do make them stiffer and found it in the website, the difference is from earth to heaven once adjusted! Pretty simple: turn the upper shock head with both hands, mark it with a sharpie and count the turns so you do same number of turns on the other shock. Cant remember which one stiffens/softens in terms of clockwise or counterclokwise... Check the website to make sure

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Gdub, So are you saying the ARNOTTS are rough riding or pogo?
I am in the market for a shock that I can still get a good ride with and adjust on the fly. I currently cannot adjsut my 440 with bags on.
thanks, SB
I am just saying the Arnotts are not as nice as the 440's. Still a good ride, better than stock and with the push button adjustability you cannot go wrong. I just put a set of Arnotts on my SG.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am just saying the Arnotts are not as nice as the 440's. Still a good ride, better than stock and with the push button adjustability you cannot go wrong. I just put a set of Arnotts on my SG.
Thanks, has any body have any expiernce with Legends air ride shocks, My main goal is getting a nice air ride with good rebound control for two up riding. SB

·
Run-N-Gun
267 Posts
Since I've got an F and you can't adjust the shocks with the bags on, I went w/ the Arnotts. That was my biggest reason, the slammed look is great too.

I'm just waiting for mine to come from 02man.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Since I've got an F and you can't adjust the shocks with the bags on, I went w/ the Arnotts. That was my biggest reason, the slammed look is great too.

I'm just waiting for mine to come from 02man.
Let us know how it rides 2 up after you get them on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts