Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike has developed an air leak somewhere in the arnotts system over this past weekend. i can air up the system, and deflate the system ok. it seems a little slow. but after a few minutes the system is all the way down. i've checked for leaks over the entire system.( soapy water sprayed on all lines and fittings, compressor too) no visable bubbles. next i checked the electrical connections and grounds. all good, nothing loose and i took all grounds off and wire brushed then up and reinstalled them. the fuse is still good and the connections at the horn switch are good. i'm at a loss here and am starting to think that the compressor might have a fualty check valve. any thoughts on what to do next.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
my bike has developed an air leak somewhere in the arnotts system over this past weekend. i can air up the system, and deflate the system ok. it seems a little slow. but after a few minutes the system is all the way down. i've checked for leaks over the entire system.( soapy water sprayed on all lines and fittings, compressor too) no visable bubbles. next i checked the electrical connections and grounds. all good, nothing loose and i took all grounds off and wire brushed then up and reinstalled them. the fuse is still good and the connections at the horn switch are good. i'm at a loss here and am starting to think that the compressor might have a fualty check valve. any thoughts on what to do next.
Compressor shouldn't matter, unless they have changed the way it all works since I fitted mine. There should be a valve with an electrical connection which ties the two shocks together, and that isolates the compressor. That has a blow off hole you can check. Basically it must be either that valve, or the shocks, or one of the two lines between that and the two shocks. I find the four fittings loosen and benefit from being tightened up a bit once every six months or so. Otherwise, this is not a large areas to spray with water.

[Edit]

Oh, it fails safe by the way. It doesn't need electrical power to stay up, only to come down, so don't bother with fuses, cables etc.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Talked to Arnott about this same problem. Apparently is is pretty common for the exhaust manifold to get gummed up with grit etc and allow air to escape. The service rep suggested I take the manifold apart and blow it out with compressed air. There are only a couple of screws nuts and bolts to remove.
I did what was suggested and the problem was resolved.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Talked to Arnott about this same problem. Apparently is is pretty common for the exhaust manifold to get gummed up with grit etc and allow air to escape. The service rep suggested I take the manifold apart and blow it out with compressed air. There are only a couple of screws nuts and bolts to remove.
I did what was suggested and the problem was resolved.
I just talked to Craig on the phone and suggested this same procedure.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found the leak, the right out let port to shock is cracked. i finally got in contact with arnotts and a new distribution valve block is ordered. i'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Attachments

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Blimey that's a very different system to mine. I very much prefer the old way...

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Good catch on that crack. Like I said that is a different style manifold than I have on mine. Looks like it isn't a improvement. In the meantime you could throw your old shocks back on, if it is going to be a while.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts