Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've just taken delivery of a set of Arnotts with the optional handle bar control switch. My question is has anyone fitted the switch and wired it internally along with the rest of the wiring? If so, how hard is this to do? I'm not too mechanically skilled but can do the basics. I don't want to start something that I can't finish. Any guidence would be appreciated.

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
Just did two of these wirings. There is a wiring diagram included which is very clear. Mostly plug-ins with a couple of crimp on connectors to attach.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arnotts Wiring

Just did two of these wirings. There is a wiring diagram included which is very clear. Mostly plug-ins with a couple of crimp on connectors to attach.
Sorry I should have been clearer I wanted to know whether you can wire the switch wiring inside the handle bars so it is hidden along with the other wires to the controls. Can this be down and how hard is it? Is there room to thread the switch wiring?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I thought about it, but was always worried about if the switch went out. Would not want to tear all that back apart.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The factory wires are not run inside the handle bars, just inside the clam shell. The clam shell comes apart with just a couple of allen head bolts and is real easy to do, only took me a couple minutes to run mine along side the factory wiring.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If it's a Muscle, the wires are indeed inside the bars. But they are tight.
Oops my bad missed the forum it was in, sorry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
looks retarted on bars. I mounted mine above horn cover by drilling hole in bracket the horn cover bolts to, on the side closer to me. Very easy access, not hot there at all.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I ran mine internally on my "A" model with stock bars with no problem. Haven't seen the inside of Muscle bars though to know if there is enough clearance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts