Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after going back and forth for 4 weeks with out any success I figured I'd post my experience with Arnott's warranty. I purchased a black set back in August. With in 3 months they started turning purple as a few people on the forum have experienced. So I called Arnott and spoke to a Bill who instructed me to return them to Art Cory and inclose a letter with some details. So I gave him more than enough info. After two weeks and not hearing anything I decided to call Arnott. Bill had no idea who I was apologized as he does every phone call. This happened every time I called mind you. I told him if they can't fix them then send them back to me and I'll have them painted. I was very clear that I wanted the shocks that I sent in since they were only used for a few months and he assured me that I would in fact receive my original set or a brand new set. That it was illegal to send someone else's other then mine or a new set. A week later I called back again, and was told that they received them and was working on them. Ok good. Now I feel a little better knowing that Ill be getting my old ones back. So last Wednesday I called and asked where are my shocks and they told me a brand new set was being shipped today. When I got home that day there was a box sitting on my porch?? Wow that was fast 2 hours to be shipped from Florida? So I opened them up and guess what? They were someone else's shocks but these were better. You see instead of my old purple ones they decided to send me a set that was someone else's with scratches, chips and not purple but brown!

I hit the roof. So yet again I called Bill and explained to him and explained who I was. He told me that in fact a brand new set was shipping out that day, gave me the tracking number and I would see them Friday so I was to give hem a call when they came in. So when the " new " package came Friday I opened them up and saw they were better than the first set. This time only one was brown the other had a slight tint of brown but I could get by bike week and we could deal with this later.

So I called Bill and he told me he would call me back and when he did he told me that they cant do anything for me and I was to ship the two sets I have back to them and they would give me a refund since they can't help me. I'm shocked that a company would do business like this. I know a lot of people on and off this forum that have had these shocks. Some without this problem and some with this problem that have had it rectified. So think twice before you make this purchase.
As for o2man98, aka Ken, ( a vendor here on the forum ) he is a good guy and business man. This has nothing to do with the service's he provides to forum members which have been stelar.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
I don't know too much about running a business, as my LED one is pretty small, but this is pretty awful. You would think they would AT LEAST have an excel spreadsheet or something to keep track of things like this. Its really annoying that they've done this, but at least you will get your money back if you don't paint them.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
so what does everyone else do about the purple problem ?

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear bout your misfortune with Arnott... I'm glad you posted this... It looks like they are having problems with the vendor that is doing their anodizing... Those are anodized right? Again, as a dealer for them these sort of reports from the field are important, Bill should have made sure that the last set he sent you matched in color... Again, sorry to hear you had this sort of service, these shocks are not cheap...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mine turned within a few weeks of being on and have gotten worse . I'm just not worried about it as 1 I got them for function and they work great for my needs and 2 I'm getting other stuff either epoxy painted or pc and will just do these as well. I'm also looking at shrink wrapping them with a design I have in mind

if not for those reasons I would have already sent them back and asked for a refund as it seems they don't know why they are turning or how to fix it.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Bill is an older guy, you know how thier memories are, your best bet is to call and talk to cory, I know you should not have to go thru this but work with them. My experience has been that they are a pretty stand up company. Call cory, explain to him what happened.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Bill is an older guy, you know how thier memories are, your best bet is to call and talk to cory, I know you should not have to go thru this but work with them. My experience has been that they are a pretty stand up company. Call cory, explain to him what happened.
:them:

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently Cory was the one that told Bill that there was nothing that they could do. I told Bill to have cory call me and I'm still waiting for a call back 4 days now.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
you told bill to have cory call you? You are still relying on bill, I am only trying to help out here. YOU call Cory directly, also shoot a pm to Ken, O2man, who I assume you purchased the shocks thru. He may be able to help you out a bit.

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you told bill to have cory call you? You are still relying on bill, I am only trying to help out here. YOU call Cory directly, also shoot a pm to Ken, O2man, who I assume you purchased the shocks thru. He may be able to help you out a bit.
Lol. Your right. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Yes, call Corey and talk to Corey. I know they were backed up on black kits for about a month and they just got some in last week. 877-9000-AIR

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Yup, I can verify that, just last week they starting getting the shocks from the outfit that is doing their anodizing...

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can say they were great when I had a chrome issue with the set I had on my A model. They were flaking at the mount but the part that covers the bag was fine. However mine had rubbed against the chain guard which was not their fault and I asked if I could have this replaced at my cost. They replaced both with brand new ones at no cost to me. Even sent me new spacers.

I have a black set but they are not on my DX yet. I don't like buying any black anodized parts as I have always seen them turn colors once they are in the sunlight.

Why doesn't Arnott powder coat them black instead? It would match the bike better and be much more durable.

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well apparently Arnott is have even a bigger problem than I was originally aware of. They keep insisting that they can't meet my needs and want to refund my money. So I told Arnott that they should contact supperbrace.com and ask them about there anodizing process since they seem to be able to achieve a true black and maintain the color over years. :2cents: Then Arnott told me that they use two different anodizers. One for the top and one for the bottom.
I will be returning the first set of used shocks that they sent me and I have had the new set painted gloss black and they look awesome!
I also added a 0-100 psi air gauge to the system :D Daytona here I come :ride:

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
it seems they are unaware of industrial anodizing that utilizes a sealer in the anodizing. If the covers are turning purple, which mine are also then they are using a non industrial anodizing or the sealer is bad.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Is there a reason they would not pc them?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I was planning on painting mine once they turned also. I really do wish they would powdercoat them instead of anodizing them.

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there a reason they would not pc them?
The powder coating collects dust and dirt faster. It aslo scratches. How ever it would look so much better. I chose paint ( coming from someone who has powder coated 75 percent of my bike ) so I could have them re sprayed when they get scratch up since I dont have a press to install the ring that locks the bag to the shock and a vulcanizer to seal the bag.
Also when the attach the bag it might crack the coating from the pressure they use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts