Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says use the search feature, know that I did high and low on here.

My buddies 2009 VRSCDX has the arnott air ride set up.

Just recently it has been lowering on it's own, and slowly like over 10-15 min. from all the way up to fully dropped.

I called the tech support, and followed there advice.

1. Was to fill a squart bottle with 4/1 ratio of water and hand soap. Spray the fitting and air tubes to check for leaks. There are none.

2. Was to completely disassemble the release housing. I took it out the bike (from under seat) and broke it down. I used to play professional paintball so I know a little about solenoids. I took all the brass fittings off, and clean them also. Cut a 2/8-3/8 off the small air tubes so the crimped part of the fittings would have new tube to crimp on.

3. Disconnected the main air tube from the pump that runs back to the release housing off after raising the bike up. To see if it was leaking from the pump somehow.

So doing all of this, it's still leaks. Talking with the guys at Arnott they tell me they have never seen the shocks themselves fail, so trusting them in that it's not something in the shocks themselves.

Any advice??????????????

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
90% of the time it's the Exhaust valve causing this . I used one of my paintball guages on mine and even did a cut off valve to isolate what was going down and where I was losing the pressure. It took me some time to find it but I ran some fine oil from my markers through it and it cleaned right out.

Others have had to have arnotts replace the entire manifold assm as well.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
if it drop in 10 or 15 min you should be able to see or hear the leak with water and soap for sure, i had a slow leak over 7 hours and i found it, could be the connector strait to the shock too

for my 2 V i decided yo keep it stock less pain
had trouble with relay and switch also, these shock are gadget to my point of view.

you will have to send these back so they check em out

Good luck

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
mine did the same thing, lose air within 5 minutes all by it self. it turned out to be the distribution manifold had a hairline crack in it. pretty easy fix once i found it. if you got the arnotts from them then you should have a five year warranty on the system. just call them and find out for sure.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy did get them from Arontt, so he is good on that aspect.

I did talk to them, as I am a little more savvy in this area than him.

All the steps above is what they suggested, and I was looking for some insight from anyone on here prior to ripping the whole system out to mail off for inspection by them.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
so did you find the leak or not. if you found it just pull that part, call them and tell them what part you need and they should send you a new one within a week.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find the leak, not buy hearing it nor seeing it with water/soap.

It was the straight connector that comes out the pump. It's silver in color.

I took all the connectors off the pump, and put Teflon tape on the threads, then put them back on. Now it stays up, even when ridding and over small pot holes.

So it's all good now, been jacked up in the garage for 4 hours without dropping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine isn’t holding air either and seen it’s leaking out of exhaust valve. Only just pretty much found it so will see if I can fit it or get it replaced and air ride only just been fitted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts