Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw what I heard was AN cateyes that were smooth backs and solid arm...cannot find anywhere were these a old mirror ?? anyone know??

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Vilzrod, I replied to your PM from the v-twin forum. When I bought these mirrors, I could not find them on Ness' web site however; dealers have a Ness catalog and you can find them there. They are the Alternative Cat Eye smooth S- bend stem mirrors. Research them well and check over the return policy because I was very disappointed with mine. I used them for 1 day and I could not see anything behind me. They kept coming loose and had peeling chrome on the bottom of the mirror. The shop would not refund my money. So I threw them into the trash in front of the Parts Manager. I said," that it is not about the money, it is about customer service" . I have not returned to that shop ever again!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like they were pieces of sh!t...whatta buy instead??...thx I'll check the Vtwin forum now

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
I bought the HD Chrome Bullet Mirrors. They are not as low profile but atleast I can see behind me and they haven't moved 1 cm. I put my helmet on them and bang things with them. Jsut check into the companies return policy and make sure they stand behind the products they selll. This shop would not refund my money because they told me Ness would not refund them. I found out after I purchased them, that they are called Alternative for a reason. They are the cheaper mirrors that Ness produces .So to each their own.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VRSC I bought those mirrors and they're pieces of sh!t...I'm still lookin (poor design too many things to tighten and potmetal with chrome platin)

·
1,738 Posts
vrsc: I have been going back and forth on whether or not to spend the $200 plus on the HD Billet mirrors your have. You say that you can see behind you. In your opinion is the view as good as the stock, or worse?

I have not found a mirror that gives me as good a view as the stock, that I feel both looks good and is a quality piece of work. Your HD are expensive but solid and I think fit the bike well.

Fred

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Fred, I would say 95% as good as stock. It is a little different design and because of the slope (bullet point) it a bit less. Whenever I am wearing my HD FXRG kevlar jacket, I find myself having to tuck my arm in an inch or so whenever looking into the mirror. If I am riding with a shirt, I have no problems at all. Go to your dealer and take the bullets out of their package, have a salesman set them on a show v-rod and hold it there in place in the store, sit on the bike and try your best to see if you like the style, angle and reflection. I love the looks of mine and they are of great quality. Mirrors on a bike are usually the part that takes the most abuse and are usually the 1st item replaced. These have held up much better then my stock ones. I hope I helped, good luck:D:D

·
1,738 Posts
Thanks vrsc. I had done the showroom thing, and thoght they were more like 70%, but real hard to tell as the stock mirror does now allow you to position it exactly, and they barely let me try it out of the package, let alone, taking off the stock mirror.

Fred

1 - 11 of 11 Posts