Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if these are a limited edition set of tins or a custom paint job? They are a full 9 piece set with a raised "Harley Davidson" lettering on of the air box cover. I bought my VRSCA used and they came with the bike. In case anyone is wondering, I'd like to sell these but I don't know anything about them. The only part number I saw was on the gauge cover which was 46096-01. I haven't ever seen a set of tins like this anywhere else so any additional information would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
No they aren't limited edition, I think they are an aftermarket set and not harley.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
account said:
Does anybody know if these are a limited edition set of tins or a custom paint job? They are a full 9 piece set with a raised "Harley Davidson" lettering on of the air box cover. I bought my VRSCA used and they came with the bike. In case anyone is wondering, I'd like to sell these but I don't know anything about them. The only part number I saw was on the gauge cover which was 46096-01. I haven't ever seen a set of tins like this anywhere else so any additional information would be great. Thanks!
ohhhh those, yeah they aren't worth more than 200 bucks, I'd be glad to take em off your hands at that price :D :laugh:

no seriously they look like a nice set of tins, why are you wanting to get rid of em?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lakedrunk said:
ohhhh those, yeah they aren't worth more than 200 bucks, I'd be glad to take em off your hands at that price :D :laugh:

no seriously they look like a nice set of tins, why are you wanting to get rid of em?
LOL yeah right, $200... :stilpoke:

I'm selling them because I currently also have a black set of tins and I only need one set. These tins are all in good shape but there are a couple small scratches on the air box cover and of course some wear on the underside of the front fender from stuff flying up. The silver flames match the silver frame perfectly and are sweet looking. I'll be listing them in the "For Sale" section of the forum eventually, I am just trying to get some info about the set.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I'd say the best way to figure a price is to look on ebay or the classified section here and find something similar, I do think they would look great on the silver frame :thumb:

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
I would guess they are worth around $600 to $1000 depending on the condition. If you can find out who painted them and the details that may help out on how much they are worth.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Its a stretch... but I'll give you $300 for them.

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Well it's like this...you can't even get a unpainted set for less than $600...soo..judge your offers accordingly...

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
I've seen the limited edition ones as part #s at Chicago Harley. Does anyone have a link or pictures of those tins to go with the numbers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts