Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am living in Switzerland and since a few weeks i am looking for screaming eagle exhausts for my VRSCX (not the double barrel ones, i guess is part n. 65030) on Ebay. All of them (3!) came from american sellers and all of them ship only to the united states. For sure i asked to pay the additionel shipping costs but no way. I agree that each seller can choose the shipping destinations but whats the problem? The packaging? Additional taxes? I don't know! Are Harleys only for Americans? I love my X and here in switzerland aftermarket exhaust just go's for 2 or 3 miles because the police will take them imediately. The only way to have a bit better sound is modding or the screaming eagle ones (i guess double barrel are definitely too loud and they are not looking like the originals!). So if somebody has one to sell or another good idea i would be very pleased.

Thanks a lot
Soulfriver

·
Registered
203 Posts
Man,
I got my SE second hand here in Australia and no problems.
I do buy from Zanotti's and they ship worldwide. They are not expensive and will give you very good service. I highly recomend them.

http://www.zanottimotor.com/

And yes, another advise
Did you try to post your request in the Classified WTB?
I did buy quite a few items from USA where the seller stated posting just to US, it is more comfort solution than anything else for them (and I understand it), but once they see that you want them and want them realy badly they will do whatever takes to acomodate you. So stop whinning and act as a man :)

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
SE exhausts are no longer being manufactured. That probably has something to do with availability. If there are any "left" it's what's in stock. I do not know why they won't ship them to you, second hand or other wise??? Customs, Taxes, etc.etc. probably are the reasons. Don't forget the shear laziness on their part of having to ship them overseas...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i know Zanotti but as Bill wrote, the SE are not manufactured anymore! And yes Bill, i guess that you are right...the laziness could be the problem! I guess in the US it works like anywhere in the world when you are using FEDEX or UPS or something like that. Packaging -> calling them-> they come to pickup ->and i have to pay the additional shipping costs! That's it! Be sure George...i will take like a man:angeldev:

Thanks for your advises guys!

·
www.1130cc.it
344 Posts
Soulfriver said:
I am living in Switzerland and since a few weeks i am looking for screaming eagle exhausts for my VRSCX (not the double barrel ones, i guess is part n. 65030) on Ebay. All of them (3!) came from american sellers and all of them ship only to the united states. For sure i asked to pay the additionel shipping costs but no way. I agree that each seller can choose the shipping destinations but whats the problem? The packaging? Additional taxes? I don't know! Are Harleys only for Americans? I love my X and here in switzerland aftermarket exhaust just go's for 2 or 3 miles because the police will take them imediately. The only way to have a bit better sound is modding or the screaming eagle ones (i guess double barrel are definitely too loud and they are not looking like the originals!). So if somebody has one to sell or another good idea i would be very pleased.

Thanks a lot
Soulfriver
I live in northern Italy very close to Switzerland, and had the same problem several times on ebay...sellers (both delaers and not ) refuse to ship overseas...and I have 126 100% positive ebay feedbacks...never understood why too...
btw congrats for the X!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stefy said:
I live in northern Italy very close to Switzerland, and had the same problem several times on ebay...sellers (both delaers and not ) refuse to ship overseas...and I have 126 100% positive ebay feedbacks...never understood why too...
btw congrats for the X!
Hey,
some they do and some they don't :) C'est la vie :)

Sometimes I see that the dealers do not want to sent any goods to some countries like Ukraine etc. I suppose they got burned a bit there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry George...you can't compare Switzerland or Italy to the Ukraine which is a fine country too but has much more less security in politics and economics.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Some of the sellers have be ripped off, but did you ask the seller to send t you, or just saw that they only ship internally.

But if youy offer to send a international money order you should be okay.

I have had a number of items sent from the OS of A, only twice have I been told no 1 US 1 GB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shed,
Everytime i mentioned to ship to my place and for payment i use paypal. Not a big risk for sellers. I will continue to look after the SE's. One time i will have more luck than now. Otherwise i could still do some mods. Will see! Thanks for answering!

·
Registered
177 Posts
i got SE 16 guage in Nevada at a dealer for $350.they were on a customer bike but the guy didnt like the sound.only 250 miles on them

sweet deal i got while on vacation~

·
Registered
177 Posts
Zannottis are great to deal with also~

even with CDn$ almost even with US$ the Canadian stealers are still taking advantage of consumers

Ill always buy across the line to save a $

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Newfie for your advise. I already sent today a mail to Zanotti and Chicagoharley. Would be a big suprise for me if they have still SE's in stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
SOULFRIVER.... im in england and was going to put my second had SE's up on Ebay this week, they have a scuff on the underside from cornering too hard but its not noticable when on the bike..... i'll send out to europe if your interested m8. just drop me a PM

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Just drill a half inch hole into the top side of the outlet pipes as far in as you get in there and you'll have the same sound as the SE's.Start small and angle the last hole so the sound gets out.

I'll be damned if anyone but a thief could get away from taking anything from me.Some how I would retaliate.:bash:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
The SE mufflers are not allowed to be sold in Europe. You even cannot get them from a Harley dealer.
That's because since 01.06.2003 it is no longer allowed to use an exhaust without the (E) in Europe. I'm one of the last that has the exhaust and I even got it entered in my papers by TUV. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats Slasher but allmost every Stealer would sell you aftermarket stuff...if you like to take the risk. Specially because the SE's are not allowed anymore! Is there really a Harley without having some Mods in Europe...i dont think so! Happy aftermarket!

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
I've offered to ship overseas before and it has been nothing but a nightmare for me. It is very expensive, but also the paperwork, customs, packaging, is a pain. Also tracking the shipment is also difficult. It's just a lot of unnecessary stuff that a seller has to deal with. Especially just a regular guy like myself. But if the price is right.......

·
Registered
203 Posts
louballs said:
I've offered to ship overseas before and it has been nothing but a nightmare for me. It is very expensive, but also the paperwork, customs, packaging, is a pain. Also tracking the shipment is also difficult. It's just a lot of unnecessary stuff that a seller has to deal with. Especially just a regular guy like myself. But if the price is right.......
But as you can see some of us can benefit if you fight your lazyness :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts