Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The condition is, as mentioned, excellent. The liner looks untouched. It's been worn only a handful of times, and not once in the last three years as I'd forgotten where it was. Has original box and paperwork. Asking $150.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what's the date of manufacture
it's 06/05 but remember Arai says 5 years of use and 7 year shelf. This has 3 days of use so even if you do go by Arai's recommendations you have 2 years left almost. I agree with them that a helmet that has been used 5 years should be retired, but given this one's condition and lack of use I'd wear it even 5 years from now. It just doesnt fit right.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does shelf life make a difference if it is not used?

The sticker does not come off most, it is under the clear coat.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
You would be hard pressed to find a lighter helmet or an Arai at this price... If I didn't already have 3 helmets I might be tempted to add this one to the collection

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the and feel better!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As mentioned in the following statement directly from Arai, the helmet is good for 5 years of use, no more than 7 years from date of manufacture. That being said it's always a personal decision as to what's better, a top end helmet thats a few years older, or a new entry level helmet. Anyway if someone wants an excellent lid for however long he or she feels it is good for I'll let it go for $150 plus shipping.

http://www.araiamericas.com/support.asp?page=support/warranty.asp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts