Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
AKvrod,

No pictures yet. I've been wanting to put them on my bike since I first saw them. It's in the shop now being fixed from my accident but those mirrors will be the first new addition. BUT....I spoke to Scott at Eurocomponents and he told me that when they started carrying them he sold a set to a VROD owner who had to return them. Scott said the guy was unable to mount the R/S mirror due to clearance problems!!?? Not quite sure what the problem was. Most like has to do with the sqaure base on the mirrors. Anyway, Scott has not tested this to validate the info from this owner AND he's been advising VROD owners that they don't fit so I doubt you'll get any answers to your question. I posted a similiar question on the VTwin forum with no response. I'm going to order the mirrors and see exactly what the problem is. If it's the need for an adapter I think I've found one in Drag Specialities. So.... I'll keep ya posted on what I figure out. It will probably be early Dec though, before I get it done.

Zeeman

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the info Zeeman. Have you seen any other good looking mirrors? I would like something tapered like the Apus mirrors. I was looking at the Alen Ness Alternatives, I think it was called a "Rad II". Seen a few on ebay, but nobody has pics of them on a bike, let alone on a VROD. The search continues.....

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I know they aren't "rad" but they look very good on the V-Rod and they are one of the few that are available with convex glass. Without convex glass your field of view is seriously limited. They also are very well built and show less vibration than the stock mirrors.

Part# 1438 (convex mirror)
Part# 1437 (flat mirror)

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Ness mirrors are a close second for me. May have to go with them if I can't figure out the Apus fix. I'd love to "cut and paste" the stem and mirror Ness and Apus... that'd fix the problem!;)

Zeeman

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
check out AEROMACH Mirrors and Stuff.I think the have what your looking for.Or even Better!:icon_twis

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Just got feedback on the Apus mirrors, they don't fit without modifications to either their base of the brake reservoir. Same thing for the Apollo mirrors.

Back to the catalog search then..........

·
Registered
305 Posts
ErVikingo,
Just caught back up with this thread. I really want those Apus mirrors. How did your search go? Find any ideas to make modifications for the Apus? I know it can be done...just have to figure it out and spend the $$.

Zeeman

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
The Apus have landed. Now if I only had the VRod back from the dealer I could try them on...... Will post ASAP on fitment.

Bike promised back in 1 day, been there 3 days already... 1K service, SE upload, install turnsignals, tender, passing lights, braided coolant line plus other goodies. Pics to come!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
There is a thread in here called"best looking mirrors for v rod" and a set of, I think, Apoolo's in that thread really do it for me. Kinda dear though....

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
The Apollo nd the Apus are both made by the same mfg. (Rebuffini in Italy). They confirmed that at least the Apus will fit.

If you ask the distributor they'll tell you they don't fit apparently based on feedback from one customer. I decided to try them. If they won't fit without an adapter then I'll get an adapter

Just HAVE TO HAVE THEM!

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ErVikingo said:
The Apus have landed. Now if I only had the VRod back from the dealer I could try them on...... Will post ASAP on fitment.

Bike promised back in 1 day, been there 3 days already... 1K service, SE upload, install turnsignals, tender, passing lights, braided coolant line plus other goodies. Pics to come!
Awesome, thx ErVikingo! :plause I have wanted the Apus mirrors since I saw them in American Iron. I hope they fit!!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I have the Apollo mirrors on order. Expect them to arrive sometime next week. I was told that they fit the V-Rod without any modifications. Here is a copy of the response to my initial enquiry;

Thank you for your interest in Eurocomponents' products.
Yes, the Apollo mirrors will fit your v-rod with no problem.
No, you do not need anything extra.
Yes, we ship to Canada.
Please let us know if we can be of further help.
Thank you and have a good day.

Lorenzo Da Madice

Eurocomponents, Inc.
1 Festiva at Lionspaw
Daytona Beach, FL 32124 (USA)
Phone 386-274-5729
Fax 386-274-5733

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey Darrell,

That's funny, Lorenzo told me they did not fit. I contactd the mfg directly who told me they all would fit and have regretfully found out that (at least for the Apus) you'll ned an adapter. Small problem, big results!

Post pics when you install them

·
Registered
305 Posts
Juan...Nice pics. How's the clearance/view? Looks sweet...now if we can get that adapter problem solved (see my other thread)

Dan

1 - 20 of 37 Posts