Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know this thread has aged just a bit, but here is my finished product. I love it. Next is a custom tall sissybar. I like the concept of old school chopper and the new hotness. Once I get the sissybar, I’ll be able to ditch the saddlebags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I need that sissy bar, is it available for a B model? Personally I like the tall bars on my bike.
I know this thread has aged just a bit, but here is my finished product. I love it. Next is a custom tall sissybar. I like the concept of old school chopper and the new hotness. Once I get the sissybar, I’ll be able to ditch the saddlebags.

I need that sissy bar is it available for a B model? The taller bars are a good fit for me too.

Thanks

·
Captain DeadPool
653 Posts
vrbob, Ginz Choppers makes custom sissybars, to my knowledge as far as Vrods go, they only make it for the Muscle. But it wouldn’t hurt to contact them and see if they can do something for you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
vrbob, Ginz Choppers makes custom sissybars, to my knowledge as far as Vrods go, they only make it for the Muscle. But it wouldn’t hurt to contact them and see if they can do something for you.

Thanks a ton,I'm all over it first thing today.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I would like a little feedback, I am looking at replacing the stock handlebars with the ape hangers bellow, I would like to also like to install the riser and speedo housing from the night rod. My question is will this fit the v-rod? thanks in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
So I would like a little feedback, I am looking at replacing the stock handlebars with the ape hangers bellow, I would like to also like to install the riser and speedo housing from the night rod. My question is will this fit the v-rod? thanks in advance for your feedback.

View attachment 603556 View attachment 603557
I assume when you say "the V Rod" you mean just a std VRSCA. That setup you have in your pics is what everybody uses to convert to std bars so yes. The only thing you need to watch is cable length. There are threads on here about fitting apes and I seem to remember seeing one quoting the maximum height you can go using std cables.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I assume when you say "the V Rod" you mean just a std VRSCA. That setup you have in your pics is what everybody uses to convert to std bars so yes. The only thing you need to watch is cable length. There are threads on here about fitting apes and I seem to remember seeing one quoting the maximum height you can go using std cables.
Thanks for the feedback. I actually own the VRSCF, will it still work for this bike? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I actually own the VRSCF, will it still work for this bike? Thanks.
Should have seen that in your Avatar!
I have seen this setup on VRSCF's. I believe you may need to drill the top tree to fit the riser. Not sure about this but I am sure someone else will chip in. Definitely can be done.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Based on what I see on my 13 DX, handle bar switch wiring is a bigger problem. Need longer.
Ron

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Never seen any. Maybe an opening to make a bit of spare time money there!! :)
Just found this, so there are some out there. Not cheap though but looks like it eliminates one solder joint. Stagger joint and solder is still the cheapest unless wire colors are important. Then the spool costs add up.
Ron

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just found this, so there are some out there. Not cheap though but looks like it eliminates one solder joint. Stagger joint and solder is still the cheapest unless wire colors are important. Then the spool costs add up.
Ron
I guess it's an option if you don't have access to multi coloured cables, but as you say not cheap.

·
Captain DeadPool
653 Posts
My picture in post 18 is with the muscle riser mount from Ghost Rider Customs. I also have the riser/bar/gauge cluster mount from a DX, I didn’t use it with my 16” bars because the extra 2” of riser would have been uncomfortable for me. 18” would have put my bars over my shoulders. Here it is with the DX part when I was first mocking it up. I have a bud that just finished his handlebar install. He has the black bars with the web in the corners and he used the bar mount from a 04B, which is almost the same as the DX mount.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts