Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I installed a power commander and went to put the airbox lid back on and realized I put the power commander in the spot where the snorkle for the airbox sits. There's really nowhere else to put the power commander so I'm going to run with an open airbox. I only have the stock air filter though. Will this setup be close enough to the "K&N Filter, Topless, blah blah exhaust" maps I am finding? I put on a Powerline and was planning to run teh CFR/K&N/Topless map.

What do you guys think? I will try to get a K&N in the near future but will probably end up running the bike like this with stock air filter for a few weeks.

Rock

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info... I ordered one of the Amsoil filters from the guy selling them for $45 shipped. Hopefully it'll get here soon... till then I'll run the stocker and only ride the bike when necessary (assuming I get the PC3usb working any time soon... the 9v adapter will be here Wednesday).

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The stock top with the snorkel will fit. I had to loosen up the lower airbox and placed the PC III between the battery and lower airbox.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My father Has an 08 AW and we tried topless but we really didnt like the growl from the intake so we cut the whole front end of the airbox top off (the snorkle and the front wall the snorkle is attached to) the sensor is still connected... now we get more airflow without the nasty growl from the intake..I plan on doing this to my 08 DX as soon as i get my tuner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts