Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding the V-rod do you guy's think does it looks gay. It sure is nice when you don't have bags what do you guy's think.
If I offended anyone with the gay comment :sad: :sad: :rofl:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also wear one when riding back and forth to work and when going on out of town rides. Where else do you have to carry cell phones, shades, asprin, etc. if you don't have the bags.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
VrodG said:
I wear one back and forth to work sure beats those ugly bags!
same here,also when I'm datalogging.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I strap my backpack to the luggage rack.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I borrowed one from my Son, wore it on a couple rides untill,
they started making fun of me wearing a Sponge Bob Squarepants Backpack. :mrgr:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
riverrattcom said:
I borrowed one from my Son, wore it on a couple rides untill,
they started making fun of me wearing a Sponge Bob Squarepants Backpack. :mrgr:
I had the same problem when I borrowed my son's boogi board over Christmas. :moon: Hey, I am a BIG Sponge Bob fan. Like an aquatic Ren and Stimpy.

On topoic, yes, I have used a backpack, until I got my saddle bags. Now I keep all my junk in there.

WHO CARES? JUST :ride:

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
dereck said:
I got a nice Buell back pack I wear, got it free for taking a test ride.
Me too. Holds my work shoes and a lunch just fine for my commute.

KARAF

·
Registered
4 Posts
runit1971 said:
While riding the V-rod do you guy's think does it looks gay. It sure is nice when you don't have bags what do you guy's think.
If I offended anyone with the gay comment :sad: :sad: :rofl:
I hope it doesn't look gay, because I often wear a backpack while riding. But I haven't heard any comments about this, and my friends would be VERY quick to make them. I have a black HD bag with the strap that crosses the chest from lower right to upper left - it's not too big, but big enough to hold whatever I usually need to take with me, mostly binders and books for class. I wear it over my black leather riding jacket, so it may sort of blend in, making it less noticeable. It's comfortable, useful, and ungay.
George

·
Oh,and...world peace
304 Posts
I think Camelbak's are pretty cool looking (the new ones), hold water and gear for longer trips :ride: don't shift weight, and are made out of well-made, real lightweight stuff.
http://www.camelbak.com

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
I wear a black and grey Nike backpack that blends in w/ my leather jacket to carry around my files when I am working. I suppose backpacks are a little on the uncool side, but it sure beats driving my car instead.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
runit1971 said:
While riding the V-rod do you guy's think does it looks gay.

ROFL

I hate to break this to you but most bikers wouldn't look out of place in the Village People. There's a shared love of leather and chains and dressing the part in both communities :rofl:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Christine said:
ROFL

I hate to break this to you but most bikers wouldn't look out of place in the Village People. There's a shared love of leather and chains and dressing the part in both communities :rofl:
Chains? What sort of things are you up to then?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've done the backpack thing. No other choice (saddle bags are not an option for me). However, I need to find a better way to carry my laptop on the bike. The strap that the bag comes with is not comfortable across your chest.

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Backpacks are great solution if you don't want saddlebags. I've got a black 100th anniversary backpack that I carry just about everything in. I use it mostly for back-and-forth (I worry more about being caught wearing khaki's while riding than I am about wearing a backpack) but it's awesome for a store run or it can hold enough clothes and stuff for a weekend away.

Bruce, your laptop may fit in those boots :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts