Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some fog lights, I have the switch and housing, I just don't have the wiring harness. If someone could build me the harness with 8" of leads on the wire ends I would be set... Did I say CHEAP????

I am looking for what is shown in fig 2 of THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

Give me an idea what it would cost as I will be custom mounting everything since NOTHING fits the R :moon:

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
This is one of those projects that you have to mount everything where you want it, then run the wires along the best hidden pathways and cover everything else.

If I had an "R", I could build it for you. Anyone could send you an over-long wiring harness that would match the schematic. But then, you wouldn't get the same satisfaction as if you did it all yourself.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will add wire length as needed, I just need someonr to build the relay and other parts. And I will be hiding the wires in the handle and crash bars.....

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
$$$

How much is it worth to ya? My dad does great relays. He puts fogs on all his bikes. If you really don't know how to do it yourself, hit me up with some specs and how much room you have to work with, also location would be helpful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
By looking on the last page of the instructions, it looks like you can pretty much buy it from HD.

7 - Wiring harness assembly - 69154-04
8 - Relay, power, 12 Volt, 30 Amp - 71778-98
10 - Switch, pushbutton - 70370-00

Looks like it would run you around $65 plus shipping and you would probably have to do a bit of splicing.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the ideas and help, I sold my speedo and the buyer made me the relay part of the harness as I needed so this turned out great!

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts