Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a little trouble with my V&H Fuelpackfi on my 2011 Muscle. V&H told me they have not released the 2011 map programs because they are not sure the connections between the ECM and fuelpack will match. Knowing there are not many changes between the 2009-2011 (2009-2010 maps are identical) I went ahead and ordered one anyhow which installed fine. However, I am getting some exhaust popping under cruise RPMs and when I pull the clutch in to shift (downshifting gets a lot). Rarely I get what sounds like an air-box backfire as well. Once it stalled the bike at 40mph when I blipped the throttle for RPM matching on the downshift. I called V&H and we adjusted some settings which didn't seem to make any difference. Anyone else have experience in this area?

I am gonna take apart the air-box again today to verify everything is seated correctly and re-calibrated the throttle. Any other thoughts and ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I re-tuned it again per V&H with still no luck. My test ride happened to take me by the "stealer", which unlike like some, takes pride in their dyno work. Friday I'll have a bike with a SE Pro Race Tuner installed. Hopefully that will be the end of it and I can enjoy my ride without thinking I'm hurting the bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I re-tuned it again per V&H with still no luck. My test ride happened to take me by the "stealer", which unlike like some, takes pride in their dyno work. Friday I'll have a bike with a SE Pro Race Tuner installed. Hopefully that will be the end of it and I can enjoy my ride without thinking I'm hurting the bike.
Big difference with SE Pro Race tuner? Run good? Feel good? Pull better? Please describe. :D

Thanks,

-BICEP-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts