Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the Super Sport windshield #57109-01 with HD drag bars?
If so, could you please post a picture.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Shawn,
Do you have the SS w/s? If not, I would not recommend buying it. I got mine with the gold key package and immediately took it off - just does NOT work.
I recently installed the HD drag bars but have not put the windshield on and really don't plan to. I'd do it just to show you but the bike is in storage while I wait out winter up here.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Craig it came with my Gold Key Package aswell.
I have not tried it since i switched to the drag bars, i was curious as i was planning to take long trips on it this summer.And if it will not work with the drag bars i was going to sell it.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Sorry I can help you out Shawn with any pics. Here's my 02 cents worth - sell it and buy a HD touring shield. It provides excellent coverage for the long trips and comes off in a snap - and the hardware left behind isn't too obtrusive. That's what I use and I love it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the supersport, and don't use it on a daily basis. BUT, I have used it on a few long trips and it is great...small enough to not look horrible (like the touring one) but enough to take the wind off your chest.

Of course, I don't have drag bars, so I guess I'm not answering your question.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the drag bars put on and the dealer (who did not follow my instructions) put the s/s ws back on the bike. If you were having a problem with the wind deflecting off the ws trying to blow your helmet before....hold on tight because it's alot worse. I took the w/s off the second I got home and will be posting on e-bay soon.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
tymiller, are you referring to the sport or the supersport? I have the sport and the HD touring windshield. I use the touring w/s for longer trips (works great!) and for all other times I use the sport - it's small enough to take the wind off your chest and does not look too bad on the bike - same thing you said so I thought perhaps you were referring to the sport.
I have found this combo to be the best for me (touring for long trips and sport for all other times).

·
Registered
281 Posts
fehrc, I was referring to the sport. I have the sport, and the supersport...got them free so please nobody chime in how they're a ripoff. For some reason, maybe I'm a midget, but the supersport doesn't blow my head off and does everything I would expect from the bigger touring windshield. So, I use the SS for long trips, and nothing for short ones. I don't use my sport very much.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am another one of the people that never had a complaint about the super sport and i am 6 foot 1.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the drag bars. I just recently put on a sport shield. It works. I don't know if the SS shield would be much different, as far as installation.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
I have drag bars and both ride and race with the super sport windshield on - I like it - note that I wear full face helmet. Bike has always need stable at speed - I think it was on in the last pic of thread kspz3 setup in high performance section.
Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts