Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the stealership the other day with my dad and were looking around at the bikes and i looked on the 48, with the mirrors mounted opposite the way ours are, has anyone tried the top part of the mounting spacer/bolt from the 48? I know some have "flipped there mirrors, but I am wondering if this part from the 48 would work on the DX?!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did it on my 09 DX, and I love it! Instead of forearm and elbows,in my mirrors I see between my knees and elbows with an unobstructed view. but I didnt use any parts from the 48. I just found nuts that fit, and then put 2 bullet type valve caps (black of course) on the top of the exposed threads. Works good and Ive Had no issues with them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I know lots of people have done this mod, but i am wondering directly about the parts from the 48. It looks clea, and it's already black!

The relocators for the front signals on ther 48 I looked at were black as well, so if they worked it would save on the cost of powdercoating after purchasing?!

·
Registered
583 Posts
i used wrap around fork led turn signals and just flipped my mirrors... no 48 parts used but you have my attention sir...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I just thought it would be neat to be able to make those parts work, I am going to find out when I go to the shop today I am going to see how much it would be

·
The Real 13th Ghost
180 Posts
Very interested to hear if this works. Sadly though parts from the moco are usually expensive.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The 48 mirrors and hardware do work on my 07 DX. I got they parts guy at the dealership to let me try them on the lot. I haven't ordered them yet but I am seriously thinking about it. I don't know about the turn signal relocators. :D

·
The Real 13th Ghost
180 Posts
The 48 mirrors and hardware do work on my 07 DX. I got they parts guy at the dealership to let me try them on the lot. I haven't ordered them yet but I am seriously thinking about it. I don't know about the turn signal relocators. :D
Post pictures and part numbers when you get it done.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
god im confused.

what are trying to do? put 48 mirrors on a dx?
I am guessing th 48 mirrors are the same, or close to the same as what is on the DX, they are just inverted. So I am planning to reuse the DX mirrors.

The bits I want to use from the 48 are like a spacer and a nut or cap when I would flip the mirrors and move the signals. I want a clean mod, not to relocate the signals, and then flip the mirror and use a temporary nut/cap for the mirrors. Does that make sense?

·
The Real 13th Ghost
180 Posts
Any updates?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts