Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
Running one. Low beam ok, high beam so so..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently installed this headlight on my 2012 VRSCDX, but decided to go back to the stock headlight. A properly adjusted stock headlight will let you see farther out. As advertised, the aftermarket LED headlight will put a flood of light right in front of the bike, but the spot created by the circular beams is too small and not bright enough. Also, the side screws do not clamp as tightly as on the stock unit. Please post back if you find something better than stock.

·
Earthbound for good.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was always my problem with the LED headlights I put on my Hummers and Titan. It lit up the area right in front of me brilliantly, but washed out pretty quickly beyond that. Except for reflective road signs, which you could see at least a mile away. Now the 50-inch light bar? Different story, it lit up the whole canyon, but a bit impractical mounting it to a V-Rod! Maybe I could mount two 20-inch bars on either side of the front wheel...

I guess the technology just isn't there yet on LEDs, and I prefer not to use HIDs because of all the extra crap that goes with them. Sticking with stock for now.

·
My Last Ride
1,351 Posts
Matt Gecko sells the generic chinese LED head light but he guarantees the head light for two years. You can pay as much as your budget permits for a LED headlight with an appealing name but when it's all said and done you will have purchased a chinese headlight. Having imported chinese machinery I would definitely consider the vendor's warranty and reputation when making my choice.

The chinese people are very dishonest and they have nothing but contempt for western people. If we are dumb enough to buy their junk then they are smart enough to make more junk for us.

Ron

https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fharley-davidson-v-rod---products

1 - 8 of 8 Posts