Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Seems they offer the Ballistic batteries. Since neither share the dimensions of the OEM battery, I suppose they are equally feasible.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
they are a lot lighter with more CCA then the stock battery. If you want to spend the extra $$ I think they are a good deal

·
Registered
84 Posts
i put one in a month ago. super light under a pound. 18 amps. the battery is awesome and strong crank. they r located here in sunnyvale. nice people to work with. u can call them they work with u. comes with static pads u attached to the battery to match the factrory size. one thing ...if u have alot of attachments, you have to pick up a long screw ....no problem though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i put one in a month ago. super light under a pound. 18 amps. the battery is awesome and strong crank. they r located here in sunnyvale. nice people to work with. u can call them they work with u. comes with static pads u attached to the battery to match the factrory size. one thing ...if u have alot of attachments, you have to pick up a long screw ....no problem though.
Do you have the p/n handy that you bought?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
where at in Sunnyvale? I work in the Bay area and wouldn't mind taking a trip out there to "kick" some tires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked up the 12 cell. Wow is it small and light. Any suggestion on securing it down in the battery compartment?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think Sickrik has one and likes it . Probably a mod for me when my stock battery dies .

·
It is what it is
2,632 Posts
Off topic but I miss living in that area my family and I lived on Moffett Field from 2000-2005 always nice weather there for riding.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
the smaller battery for my needs is the ace in the hole, and has more ccp and amps than the original, with the extra room i have stuffed the ecm in there and also a few other small items

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Santeg how long you've had yours? How's your feedback on it, since yours is a different brand from Rick's...

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Santeg how long you've had yours? How's your feedback on it, since yours is a different brand from Rick's...
I have been running this battery since February and have noticed more cranking power than the original, I mean, Seems like the starter is on steroids.

I purchased these through Rider Discount here on the forum and have only good things to say for them on my regards.

I bought 3 batteries from them, for friends And all 3 have had no issues.

I opted for the smaller size because i need the extra room in the battery box for the ecm, which is currently in the air box.

These batteries HAVE to be treated differently than regular gel or acid batteries,
They do not like residual draw, example, letting power be drawn while not running,
I also added a easy detachable cable directly to the negative so when i don't ride for a few days.
These batteries are the ace in the hole for me.
like Mr. Sick, I too wanna lighten the bike as much as possible,
I will save up and spend the money if it makes the bike run and handle better than stock.

I figure the bike weights around 70-90 lbs. lighter than stock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts