Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a clear windvest for my v-rod. Before I go to the factory, I figured I would ask here first. Anyone have one for sale?

-Candie
:ride:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx! If I do not find a good deal on a used one pretty quick, I will go with him. I am glad I did not buy the hd windshield after reading so much about them vs. the windvest. I am looking forward to getting one!

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
candie, how tall are you, if you dont mind? if you are over about 5'9" you may want to wait until they get the taller screen out. I am 5'7" and the wind hits me right at the top of the helmet. Not a problem at all, but just FYI. Windvest is coming out with a taller screen for the v-rod, and supposedly will offer a discount to those who already have the shorter one. Personally, I love my windvest. I can ride with regular sunglasses instead of goggles, and I dont need earplugs for wind noise. It also seemed to decrease the instability from crosswinds. not to mention fewer bugs ;)
If you order from Dan at D&M, mention you heard about him here. He may still hook you up. He is a great guy to deal with. (no shipping, no tax, and that is a lot here in TX)
Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am only 5'3". I was hoping to get away with having only the 14" windvest but the guys at windvest say that they do not usually make the 14" for the V-Rod. He said they CAN, they just put the V-Rod hardware on the 14" shield. But if it turns out to be too short then I am kind of stuck. I will likely just go with the standard 16". Do you have a picture of your bike with the windvest on it?

:ride:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I think the 16 will work well for you, and you can adjust it down quite a bit. I have mine extended all the way up. I will take some pics for you this weekend. I just realized I dont have any pics of my baby since I put the Windvest on :( It really looks like it belongs on the bike. pics soon.
Greg

Candi, I just saw the other post. If you look closely at the bracket holding the windvest, you can see 2 little chrome caps. THese cover little holes where you can adjust the height of the screen. Jimaroo has his all the way up too. Will try to take some closeups for you, since you have such a nice pic there to look at ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts