Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi--I'm looking for an 08 with abs and havent found one in the ny area--does anyone have one at a dealer by them?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
From what I understand they will not have any until early next year

·
Registered
48 Posts
ABS.. All I know is that I didn't have the option on the anniversary model I ordered, and apparently it hasn't been built yet. Go figure.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Not entirely true. As of last Saturday there were VRSCAWA's (AW w/ABS) in TN, SD, WY and CA according to Harley Net. Now, I don't know what dealers had them but they are out there but in VERY short supply.

Also, Adamec in Jacksonville has an anniversary AW on a truck from KC with ABS so they are building them if the dealers took the time to modify their initial allocation orders early enough.

Now, have I seen one with ABS, no.... :banghead:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm just wondering how many letters HD is going to stack together with these things. I mean you gotta admit they come up with some wacked out names....vrscawa.... come on! If I didn't know what I was looking at it sure would be confusing. (now back to our regularly scheduled programing)

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
toy_collector said:
I'm just wondering how many letters HD is going to stack together with these things. I mean you gotta admit they come up with some wacked out names....vrscawa.... come on! If I didn't know what I was looking at it sure would be confusing. (now back to our regularly scheduled programing)
The answer is: as many letters as they feel are necessary to describe the bike. They could add a letter for the color, one for the type of wheel, one for the day of the week the bike was built, two for the initials of the last guy that worked on the bike, etc., etc., etc. There is no end to the alphabet soup that Harley uses to describe their bikes.:angeldev:

·
Registered
239 Posts
New York DLR's with abs Anniv bikes?

H-D of Woodstock should have 1 and H-D of Utica should have one .... call these two for anniv 08 abs V-rods....

Ca, Indiana, Ky,NY, NH,Pa and Virginia are the only states that dealers should have these bikes....

·
Registered
848 Posts
Vr Master said:
H-D of Woodstock should have 1 and H-D of Utica should have one .... call these two for anniv 08 abs V-rods....

Ca, Indiana, Ky,NY, NH,Pa and Virginia are the only states that dealers should have these bikes....
Just curious... why are they the only states that would have ABS VRODs?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Unless it is an AW with ABS Jinjer, it doesn't really matter.. the DX is too far forward for you and you won't be comfortable.. I don't really want to get it and have to go through the work immediately to put new bars on it either..

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
VRod RS said:
Unless it is an AW with ABS Jinjer, it doesn't really matter.. the DX is too far forward for you and you won't be comfortable.. I don't really want to get it and have to go through the work immediately to put new bars on it either..

Party pooper. :stilpoke: :cheers: :cheers:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Well, I haven't seen it yet but I bought an '08 AWA (w/abs) Saturday.

I'll be going up in 2 weeks to pick it up and trade in my '03.

·
Registered
848 Posts
mjw930 said:
Well, I haven't seen it yet but I bought an '08 AWA (w/abs) Saturday.

I'll be going up in 2 weeks to pick it up and trade in my '03.
Where did you get it from? What color is it?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
JinjerSnap said:
Where did you get it from? What color is it?
Don't take this wrong but until I have it in my hands I'm keeping the location secret...... I'll tell you this, it's not in Florida. It's no indictment on anyone here but I had a deal fall through a few years back on a car that I traveled 1000 miles to pick up only to find they sold it out from under me and I had a signed contract with a cash deposit.

It's Dark Blue Pearl with ABS and without security.

·
Registered
848 Posts
mjw930 said:
Don't take this wrong but until I have it in my hands I'm keeping the location secret...... I'll tell you this, it's not in Florida. It's no indictment on anyone here but I had a deal fall through a few years back on a car that I traveled 1000 miles to pick up only to find they sold it out from under me and I had a signed contract with a cash deposit.

I don't blame you for feeling like that. I would keep the location a secret too, if I knew where to find one.

That is exactly the color I want, although I would get the security too.

Good luck, I hope you get it okay. Please post photos when you have it in hand.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
There is one in Sydney might be a bit too fr to travel ?

·
Registered
848 Posts
mjw930 said:

OKAY - I KNOW WHERE IT IS!!!!! :stilpoke: :stilpoke:

I had my dealership search nationwide yesterday to see if they could locate one for me. Only one Dark Blue Pearl with ABS came up in the whole country. I called that dealership and they told me that a guy from Florida had a deposit on it. (Obviously that is you) ;)

I keep it a secret, like you want. BUT, if you decide not to get it, please PM me. It is the exact color and model that I am looking for. Hopefully another one will show up - ideally somewhere in Texas.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Yep, that's the one. If anything changes I'll let you know but don't hold your breath ;)

I'm sure more will hit the dealers by the end of the year but is sucks that they are in such short supply. This time next year there will be dozens of '08's with ABS on dealers lots. Timing is everything.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts