Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Was watching the speed channel the other day and to my surprise a commercial came on with Bob Villa showing the Sears Motorcycle lift with a V-ROD on it.

Looks like a black '04. Pretty cool.

-Dipper

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
dipper said:
'Was watching the speed channel the other day and to my surprise a commercial came on with Bob Villa showing the Sears Motorcycle lift with a V-ROD on it.

-Dipper
Saw it last weekend. Very cool.... :thumb:

·
Registered
454 Posts
dipper said:

-Dipper
I saw it while in the store. BTW, doesn't it say in the manual to never roll the lift with the motorcycle on it?

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
I've seen it twice, those all black Bs look some good. Would be a nice 2nd rod if I had more money than I knew what to do with......but it is another HD ripoff...they took off the chrome on the engine, all the covers, and charge $100 less than A model. Then a guy has to spend $1000 for the chrome covers plus his time, or labor at the stealership. Just how much does it cost HD to powdercoat frame black versus silver....nada.

·
Registered
252 Posts
polizzio said:
I've seen it twice, those all black Bs look some good. Would be a nice 2nd rod if I had more money than I knew what to do with
Yeah I like the all black look as well. Better to buy a used 02 or 03 (with all the chrome) and do a custom black paint job.

So has anyone bought a Sears lift? I would like to get one.
/Steevo

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
streetfytr68 said:
Yeah I like the all black look as well. Better to buy a used 02 or 03 (with all the chrome) and do a custom black paint job.

/Steevo
I got one.Works great. You just have to pull the bike upright off the jiffy stand to slide the lift under.

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
streetfytr68 said:
Several threads on lifts. General concensus, you can get a good one for under $100. Some require you to ride up on boards to get the lift under the frame, but it appears to only be a minor annoyance.

I just bought a lift at Pepboys for $60 on sale. (Haven't used it yet.) One other discount version is Sam's Club (online).

Have fun,

KARAF

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Hey Karaf, let me know how that works out... I've had my eye on that lift....

Greg

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Greg687 said:
let me know how that works out... I've had my eye on that lift....
Worked great at it's debut tonight! I positioned the lift, sat on the bike, straightened it up, slid the lift under with my foot (slid straight no problem), then pushed on the foot pedal until it engaged the frame. Got off, raised it up. Voila, airborn V-Rod. Not quite as stable as I'd hoped, but I don't blame the lift. It has holes for straps if I want, and it has a built in emergency brake. For $60, I love it.

KARAF

·
Registered
454 Posts
KARAF said:
Not quite as stable as I'd hoped, but I don't blame the lift. It has holes for straps if I want, and it has a built in emergency brake. For $60, I love it.

KARAF
One way to make it more stable (applies to all lifts) is to raise it high enough for the break to click into one of the slots (mine has 3 positions) and then lower it until the break bar is tight in it's slot. Since the slots are on both sides of the lift it makes it a lot more stable.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Craftsman is all that I use! :thumb:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.