Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't know it's a UK based Harley magazine. They really have it in for the R and it gets my goat. This month they test the DX which is undoubtedly a very cool bike but they say something like (I don't have it to hand) if you want a VR to really ride hard forget the Street Rod - the DX is the VR that will bring sportsbike riders over from Jap bikes to Harleys. The 'author' then goes on about how he rode it hard and couldn't get any parts to ground out.

First time I rode a DX around a roundabout my heel hit the ground so hard it pulled my foot off the peg. I don't want to diss the DX - it is what it is but it will never be the sports ride that an R is.

I might send them a stroppy email. :paper:

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Look at it this way, people who dis the rod usually haven't ridden one. People who dis the R usually haven't ridden one. This is a segment of the Harley/motorcycling world where we are more attuned to the intricacies of the dark side than any reviewer on any bike mag staff. Write the e-mail and send it, you'll probably feel better. Just remember that every one here seems to be most loyal to their own specific type of V-rod. You just happen to be in the minority of the minority but that doesn't mean that you don't ride a kick ass bike!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
wasaircooled said:
For those that don't know it's a UK based Harley magazine. They really have it in for the R and it gets my goat. This month they test the DX which is undoubtedly a very cool bike but they say something like (I don't have it to hand) if you want a VR to really ride hard forget the Street Rod - the DX is the VR that will bring sportsbike riders over from Jap bikes to Harleys. The 'author' then goes on about how he rode it hard and couldn't get any parts to ground out.

First time I rode a DX around a roundabout my heel hit the ground so hard it pulled my foot off the peg. I don't want to diss the DX - it is what it is but it will never be the sports ride that an R is.

I might send them a stroppy email. :paper:
The DX rocks, but so does the R. With forward pegs on the DX, the rider is GOING to touch their heel(s) down, along with pegs and other, harder, stuff - if the rider enters a turn with any kind of speed. The piece was written by someone who [obviously] hadn't actually RIDDEN one . . . might have ridden one, but not RIDDEN one (probably hadn't even SEEN an R model). So, I might add this as a response to such drivel: :moon:

·
Markku
985 Posts
I saw an article on Finnish Kopteri magazine(mostly old school HD's and Triumps etc.) were they tested the DX and they said that it was suprice what a good bike it was but they thought that it would be better with VRSCR type middle controls!! They said that this bike will go waste with the forward controls cause it limits the use of the bike too much and there was a reference that many of the worlds leading custom builders are making bikes with middle controls now... 99% of the article was very positive to my suprise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts