Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just picked up a Harley LED tail lamp for my VRSCA on the cheap.... the cheap means it's missing the gasket I need to mount to my fender. The Harley LED Tail Lamp kit comes with 3 gaskets... one for V-Rods (except VRSCR), one for VRSCR, one for Deuces. I'm hoping I can find a VRSCR guy that has this lamp that has the extra gaskets lying around and will part with them. I need the one with p/n 69385-05.

Anyone fit this description? I'm gonna rig it in if I can't find this part but I'd rather do it right. Apparently you can't buy the gaskets separately from anywhere.

I've gotta find a good Deuce forum to ask on as well!

Thanks!

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
D'oh! I've already been through this with another member! I think they ruined their original. Now I have a spare "R" gaskets!

Someone will jump up, I know it!

Good luck.

Doc

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
I would cut a new gasket out of some sticky back foam insulating tape you can buy at the hardware store.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I second the "make your own damn gasket" opinion. On a side note, I ran the HD LED taillight for about a year before drinking the HeavyCycles kool-aid... and glad I made the change.

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
What? Build one? Have you seen that gasket?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, I can make it work if I have to... but I really prefer to do things right if I can find the parts. But yea, the gasket is pretty hefty. I have backup plans in my head though.

On a side note, I wired it all up and checked it out. It looks REALLY good and is extremelly bright when the brakes are depressed. However, it does appear that 3 of the LEDs have "stuck" in between "brake on" and "running light"... not noticeable unless you look really close, but I took the thing apart and don't see any obvious reason for it.

But hey, I paid $40 for this thing so I can deal with some issues until I can scrape together the cash for the HeavyCycles "V" light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts