Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a dealer today and saw an 04 B model with Rineharts. The sales person was kind enough to roll the bike outside and crank it. I was really impressed by the sound so I proceeded over to the parts counter to discuss price and installation. Interestingly enough at that moment a customer was picking up his 03 after having the Rinehart's removed. He did not have them on long and said the bike lost alot of power compared to the 16 Ga. Double Barrel S.E's. The part's guy said that they were about to stop selling them.

My question is, does anyone here run them and if so can you tell me about your configuration. I really like the sound and the look but don't want to sacrifice performance compared to my completely stock units.

At any rate the service guy also said they remapped the ignition, but the customer was really clueless about any of those requirements and said he left it to the dealer to take care of. I assume the remap would have been the HD SE stuff and not the PCIIIR.

I would appreciate any feedback good or bad if you have personally owned the rineharts on a V-ROD.

Thank you
Ron

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Hi Ron,
Please use the search function. They don't make good power and you should change out the tall velocity stack with a short one. All of this info can be found via the search function.

John

rmyers said:
I stopped by a dealer today and saw an 04 B model with Rineharts. The sales person was kind enough to roll the bike outside and crank it. I was really impressed by the sound so I proceeded over to the parts counter to discuss price and installation. Interestingly enough at that moment a customer was picking up his 03 after having the Rinehart's removed. He did not have them on long and said the bike lost alot of power compared to the 16 Ga. Double Barrel S.E's. The part's guy said that they were about to stop selling them.

My question is, does anyone here run them and if so can you tell me about your configuration. I really like the sound and the look but don't want to sacrifice performance compared to my completely stock units.

At any rate the service guy also said they remapped the ignition, but the customer was really clueless about any of those requirements and said he left it to the dealer to take care of. I assume the remap would have been the HD SE stuff and not the PCIIIR.

I would appreciate any feedback good or bad if you have personally owned the rineharts on a V-ROD.

Thank you
Ron

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
The The Rinehart's are equal length, thos you should also get the shorter velocity stack for the rear cyl. (PT #29521-01). It's a tip many tuners don't know about. Still they usually won't make over 105 rwhp, which is quite poor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have RineHart's on my bike with the PCIII with high flow air filter, topless and runs good, love the sound. I havent had time to get it to a dyno to see. When I do I would put up dyno sheet of before and after tweaking map.
I bought them for the sound to keep cars away from me and to notice me so I dont get cut off anymore.

Later

Matthew

·
Banned
191 Posts
Must of have been at Lee Woods. My friend has them on his bike.
I have the SE Slip ons with K&N Air. Both have done the 28 tooth sprocket kit from Harley. They are loud but the throtle responce is not as good, seem like they make a little less HP too. Thats my 2 cents. I did the mods and downloads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts