Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it can be done?, and if so where did you place them in the pipe? What size did you order? Sound? power? Thanks for any info..

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
scotman623 said:
Just wondering if it can be done?, and if so where did you place them in the pipe? What size did you order? Sound? power? Thanks for any info..
I have read some are using them in the header pipe. I'm not sure if it helps the power much, I saw one dyno chart showing 109 hp with 79 tq. Not sure about the sound, but it may tone it down a small amount.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I use there regular baffles in the head pipes and also have the Vortex 3 " cone in my CFR pipe and it quieted it down some but is still really loud when you are on it. Dynoed with the baffles in also made 110 / 80 to the Wheel of an 07 DX . ( CFR pipe, 3 Baffles, SE Filter, and S.E.R.T)

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
scotman623 said:
They are a a great MOD for the CFR as they really increase low end and midrage torque and the throttle response is crisp. Call them and speak with Tina, she will hook you up.

They also deepen the sound to a lower rumble. Great MOD and worth every penny.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I emailed them and the part number for the stock headers is 2004. Tried to order via website and it still requires inside and outside diameter of pipes so I am just going to call tomorrow.

Glenn

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Doesn't NightMare have this set-up?

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
DTHDOC said:
They are a a great MOD for the CFR as they really increase low end and midrage torque and the throttle response is crisp. Call them and speak with Tina, she will hook you up.

They also deepen the sound to a lower rumble. Great MOD and worth every penny.
:them: 100%

call and order the #2004. Don't forget to ask for the free t-shirt!

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Doesn't NightMare have this set-up?
Unless it's changed all she has is the JEG's Cone Baffle...

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
she had the BCT and the cone at one time, not sure if she removed one of them. DTHDOC and Nightmare both suggested the BCT baffle and its one of the best mods I've done to the bike.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great info...........Yes it is part #2004 for stock header pipe.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Ah yes, Padawans learners, DOC and & I both have the Vortex cone and BCT Thunder Monsters (p/n 2004). I believe there is a growing number of us. Very nice low end grunt, both audible and physical, and keeps the pipe mellow unless you really whomp on it. :D

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
To be honest, while the seat o' the pants feel is outstanding, my dyno numbers have dropped. I'm having her dyno tuned here in a week or so, so we'll see what happens. I think Blk95cobra got a great tune on his and has some good numbers but I don't know what his tune is.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just called and ordered my from BCT, but no Tina there. The guy I talked to was very helpful though and should have my baffles and T-shirt next week :).

Glenn

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nitemare, im working on tryin to get time to take the tuner down so i can get you and Doc the map, sorry for the delay.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Blk95Cobra said:
Nitemare, im working on tryin to get time to take the tuner down so i can get you and Doc the map, sorry for the delay.
Ahh, no worries! :) Do what ya gotta do!

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
NightMare said:
To be honest, while the seat o' the pants feel is outstanding, my dyno numbers have dropped. I'm having her dyno tuned here in a week or so, so we'll see what happens. I think Blk95cobra got a great tune on his and has some good numbers but I don't know what his tune is.
The reason the numbers were down was beacause I did not spend much time tunning WOT. I worked with JETGOD and he made great numbers with the set-up on a very conservative dyno.

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
I'm using the thunder monsters with gutted stockers, and yes, they are in the end of the header pipes. I recently took my bike back to stock and back to this configuration. I can tell a big difference between 2k-3k in pick up and power. As for the sound, it still sounds the same as it did before the baffles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts