Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I purchased the 2007 Screaming eagle V-rod tinted wind screen and mounting brackets will it bolt up to the R. I think it would look great and help at speed.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
no clue, if it doesnt dont feel bad, i bought my windshield for my r in reno, and lost it somewhere in central california on a road trip before i got to vegas and then back home to salt lake city, when i realized it was gone, ouch, another $365 later i got the right windshield. put some pics up and i will see if they are similar to mine or just give it a shot....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes check out the pics of my bike in my gallery, it fit but had to make spacers and trim a slight bit off gauge trim pod. Final look was perfect looks like it came on the bike. Downfall was all the parts cost about $400 from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I'm going to the dealer Saturday morning to order VRSCX risers, drag bars and that windscreen for my Mirage Orange R.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
The VRSCX riser is a tad higher and doesn't angle back the way the R model's do. Nothing should touch the air box cover and the windscreen mounting arms wont' touch either. The bummer is that I have to buy the X model's instrument housing to hold the guages. Hey, it's just money, right? I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I want to use the drag bars as well, and to avoid the throttle cables touching the air box I decided to use the VRSCX risers and instrument housing. Someone else here put drag bars on an R with the stock risers and they are just a wee bit too close. I love the look!

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
orangestreetr said:
I was wondering if I purchased the 2007 Screaming eagle V-rod tinted wind screen and mounting brackets will it bolt up to the R. I think it would look great and help at speed.
I didn't know there was an SE in '07:stilpoke:

·
Registered
219 Posts
There sure was it's a sweet looking bike, my friend that works at Harley in Milwaukee brought one home for a demo bike also our local dealer had one in the show room thats how I got the idea for the fly screen.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
No I believe it's a VRSCX, it wasn't a CVO which are the Screamin' Eagle bikes. It was limited, but it wasn't a CVO. Sorry

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
You won't need the turn signal relocation kit, the screen isn't as wide as he Mid Sport screen used on our R models. The X model mounts the turn signals from the switch pods as ours do.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
VRSCR-Dave said:
I'm not sure what your saying but it says Sreamin Eagle on the air cleaner cover. I thought that VRSCX meant that it is a Screamin Eagle.
Check out the Harley web site under 2007 bikes and tell me what you think.
I am saying it is not a CVO(Custom Vehicle Operations) Not from that line of bikes. So it is not a Screamin Eagle. I can paint that on the side of my bike, doe that make it a Screamin Eagle??? Read the specs"Built to pay tribut to NHRA....blah, blah blah"

·
Registered
219 Posts
Philthy I'm not saying do I need to relocate the turn signals because of the wind windscreen I already have that on my bike, I'm asking because I think they look like a$$ where they are mounted from the factory. I like where Brian has his mounted.

Brian I get what your saying about the SE bike .

ndfspd the windsheild is from the Harley dealer it comes factory on the 2007 VRSCX the cost was $400

1 - 20 of 36 Posts