Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hesitated pullin the trigger on a Muscle mainly cause the handlebars are a bit lower than I like for comfort. The DX bars were changable to the B bars or Reach. I've decided to get the muscle and am hoping to find risers to raise the bars between 1 and 2 inches. I checked Heli's site and didn't see anything there. Has anyone found or made risers for an F??
:notworth:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just made my own. Took a set of old dyna risers and cut 1 3/4 in. off and used them for spacers under the bars. Just take the old handle bar bolts off and take to the hardware store and get some just like them only 1 3/4 in. longer. Works GREAT. If yo have to buy risers to cut off, go to drag specialties. Can be found for about $30 or $40. :D

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good Cig, I'm figuring the stock cables, wires and lines may not need extended for that rise, Did you need to change any of those items? I may have some aluminum block to make some as well since they apparently have bolts into the bars and do not need threaded. I also checked the Ghostrider site and those look really nice as well. Wouldn't mind keepin the stock bars as long as I can make them higher.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good news. I'll plan on making a set. I may also try to fit a DX quarter fairing on the F which would hide any spaces that will appear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just made my own. Took a set of old dyna risers and cut 1 3/4 in. off and used them for spacers under the bars. Just take the old handle bar bolts off and take to the hardware store and get some just like them only 1 3/4 in. longer. Works GREAT. If yo have to buy risers to cut off, go to drag specialties. Can be found for about $30 or $40. :D
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of that if you've got 'em. Sounds interesting.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:them: I would like to see some pics as well. I'm leaning toward a block of Aluminum for a one piece riser and keeping the look that the rest of the bar section has. I'd like to see Ghostrider provide something like this as well and it would probably reduce the cost to the rider in comparison with the riser blocks for different bars.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Cig, that's what I needed to see. BTW do you remember what size bolts the risers have? Are they 1/2" or metric like most other VRod parts? Do you remember the bolt pitch? If they're metric there are about 3 different bolt pitches. It's great if no lines need extended but I would imagine you had to re route some of them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
sorry, don't remember bolt size. I just took the original bolt with me and told them to give me one just like it but longer. I didn't disconnect any lines or wires. Just took the bolts out and slipped the spacers (risers) under the bars, then just put the bolts in and tightened down. If you hav e everything there and ready, it's probably a 15 minute job.

·
Banned
228 Posts
what does the front look like

·
Registered
93 Posts
OK here's a pic from front.

I just cut a piece of black alum to cover the speedo wires. This bike was bought to ride not show. I got it in June and now has close to 6000 miles on it. It is not a show bike. The way it is dressed most of the time, is with a windshield that has a pouch on it. You really don't see anything in the front anyway.

If you want to see a real nice self-made set up, pm Gunnysgt and have him send you pics. He did a real sweet job.

·
Banned
228 Posts
OK here's a pic from front.

I just cut a piece of black alum to cover the speedo wires. This bike was bought to ride not show. I got it in June and now has close to 6000 miles on it. It is not a show bike. The way it is dressed most of the time, is with a windshield that has a pouch on it. You really don't see anything in the front anyway.

If you want to see a real nice self-made set up, pm Gunnysgt and have him send you pics. He did a real sweet job.
check out these bars

http://www.burleighbars.com.au/musclebar.php

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's what I ended up doing with square stock scrap from a local welding shop. total cost $5. Still playing with the front cover piece, I'll probably trim that down a bit to match the curves of the original piece.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.