Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been wanting to sort out the front suspension and looks like the RaceTech straight springs and gold valve emulator seem to be the best option short of replacement aftermarket inverted forks which most say is wasted money. I called them to make sure I was ordering the correct part numbers for the high performance springs and he kept saying I had inverted forks...... Wish I did but no dice. Then he didn't know what size forks I had. Then he thought I only needed an emulator in one fork. Seems to be a lot of confusion there. I do know I need a 1.0kg spring rate. I know several around here have gone the RaceTech route.

What I found was:
Gold Valve Emulator - FEGV S4901 @ $170
High Performance Spring 1.0kg - FRSP S3827100 @ $130 (Still not sure this is the right part number)

Or he said buy this kit:
Front Suspension Kit - FLEK S49100 @ $285

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
So I have been wanting to sort out the front suspension and looks like the RaceTech straight springs and gold valve emulator seem to be the best option short of replacement aftermarket inverted forks which most say is wasted money. I called them to make sure I was ordering the correct part numbers for the high performance springs and he kept saying I had inverted forks...... Wish I did but no dice. Then he didn't know what size forks I had. Then he thought I only needed an emulator in one fork. Seems to be a lot of confusion there. I do know I need a 1.0kg spring rate. I know several around here have gone the RaceTech route.

What I found was:
Gold Valve Emulator - FEGV S4901 @ $170
High Performance Spring 1.0kg - FRSP S3827100 @ $130 (Still not sure this is the right part number)

Or he said buy this kit:
Front Suspension Kit - FLEK S49100 @ $285
Prime reason I won't deal with them. Either know your limited field or go work at McDonalds. Makes me wonder where they get some of these so called techs from. Progressive, not a bunch better.
Ron

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on this too quick. Looks like I found a much better solution. I kept looking after how that phone conversation went with their "tech".

I found a very nice cartridge solution that is also adjustable on the fly and at a very fair price. Should be here from Italy next week!!

https://www.andreanigroup.com/products/110%7CHD12/?lng=en

After speaking with a local dealer in the States I was very impressed with this kit and in their knowledge of setting these up on this bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at the Traxxion Dynamics cartridge kit until I saw this video......

If everyone is an idiot except that clown then count me proud to be.

The Andreani cartridge kit is a work of machined art. Far superior to the Traxxion and about half the price. Fully adjustable from the fork cap as well. Beautiful product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts