Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says, anyone know of a Night Rod for a good price?.... I am located in London but willing to travel, nothing older than 2007 please.

Hopefully one of you will say yes and then I can have more than one post!!!!

Thank You

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Just as the title says, anyone know of a Night Rod for a good price?.... I am located in London but willing to travel, nothing older than 2007 please.

Hopefully one of you will say yes and then I can have more than one post!!!!

Thank You
Do you mean the VRSCD Night Rod or the VRSCDX Night Rod Special?
The former was discontinued in 2008 so thats a pretty specific search being a 2 year period for a bike that didn't sell in any numbers - most buyers went for the DX on account of it being better :hidesbeh:

In fact , Autotrader shows only 1 or sale in the whole country , and thats a year older than you want go :
http://www.bladegroupharleydavidson...=HARLEY-DAVIDSON&MODEL=VRSC&ENGINECC=1130#eq1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean the VRSCD Night Rod or the VRSCDX Night Rod Special?
The former was discontinued in 2008 so thats a pretty specific search being a 2 year period for a bike that didn't sell in any numbers - most buyers went for the DX on account of it being better :hidesbeh:
sorry yes the Night Rod Special was what I was after

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's my problem, I dont have all the money in the world. I check ebay every day and on Saturday morning I saw a 2007 for £9,000. I called the seller and offered him £8k he was happy with this and on Sunday I was driving up from London to Nottingham and while on my way up someone else purchased it :(. SO I am now on the look out for something in the similar price range.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Well that's my problem, I dont have all the money in the world. I check ebay every day and on Saturday morning I saw a 2007 for £9,000. I called the seller and offered him £8k he was happy with this and on Sunday I was driving up from London to Nottingham and while on my way up someone else purchased it :(. SO I am now on the look out for something in the similar price range.
Its an ambitous price! I think a seller will need to be desperate to accept 8 for a DX , it might be worth posting a wanted ad up on Ebay?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Night Rod Special......

Hi - there are other places to look other than Ebay ! I managed to buy-privately- an 08 NRS (immaculate-with 357 miles on the clock) for £7900 last March! Couldnt be more pleased !! Have PM'd you with some additional info......Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi - there are other places to look other than Ebay ! I managed to buy-privately- an 08 NRS (immaculate-with 357 miles on the clock) for £7900 last March! Couldnt be more pleased !! Have PM'd you with some additional info......Good luck in your search.
Thank you for that.... I have also been looking on MCN, Auto trader, Piston Heads and Gum Tree.... any other suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you for that.... I have also been looking on MCN, Auto trader, Piston Heads and Gum Tree.... any other suggestions?
All of the above - plus of course the wonderful Google search......can occasionally turn up an unseen gem......do watch out for 'phishing' ads on Pistonheads & Gumtree -usually characterised by poor grammar,asking price obviously too low & vague or non-existent detail in response to queries....I spent a month intensively looking,& speaking to those with more knowledge than I,and building up a market picture before I made a move.......

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
All of the above - plus of course the wonderful Google search......can occasionally turn up an unseen gem......do watch out for 'phishing' ads on Pistonheads & Gumtree -usually characterised by poor grammar,asking price obviously too low & vague or non-existent detail in response to queries....I spent a month intensively looking,& speaking to those with more knowledge than I,and building up a market picture before I made a move.......
Damn that's efficient.I saw a guy on one at traffic lights , thought 'I want one' and went to the dealer and signed my life away :)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Damn that's efficient.I saw a guy on one at traffic lights , thought 'I want one' and went to the dealer and signed my life away :)
I saw one when I was Googling around, thinking of what bike to buy next.

I had one on the drive 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't know if this helps but I P/X my 2007 NRS for a new 2011 NRS in November at Plymouth HD
I know they still have it it was up for £8,500 ish.
its not on there website http://www.plymouthharleydavidson.co.uk/ But if you need to know any more details I can send you a PM:)
THANK YOU!!!
I called them and I am heading up on Saturday :)

Can you give me some details about the bike please? Got any pics? Why did you not keep it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so seeing as I live in London I could only go today, so I called the dealership on Monday and told them I would be up today, they took all me details. Guess what happened .... they sold it before I could make it down.... so back to looking!

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
so seeing as I live in London I could only go today, so I called the dealership on Monday and told them I would be up today, they took all me details. Guess what happened .... they sold it before I could make it down.... so back to looking!
Arse.
Still , you've got 6 months till Calne :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
i was in the same postion as you in 2008 had some cash and an 2006 R1 and went all over looking at Nightrods as wanted 2nd hand one as considered it better value for money

the ones i saw were OK but unless they have had the warranty work done on the caps and yokes etc.. they were a bit rough with paint bubbling etc.. as it common on all these bikes

went the local dealer and rode there Demo and asked about buying there demo (it was coming to a year old) they did there sales bit on me ! (and hey i'm a sales manager so know how it works) they did me a cracking deal on brand new one

£1500 off the retail price of the DX (nightrod)

good part ex on R1 near enough what i wanted and that with some cash left me little short , dropped the rest on dealer finance (not really done this before) but thought what the hell i had a brand new bike , played hard ball with the remaining amount (like i walked away as they said they could not do the % i wanted next day they called me and siad they could must have wanted to sell a bike !)

i go the remaining amount on 10% APR think flat rate was around 5% just means the dealer gets less finance commission ! and at the time was cheaper than a bank loan cus the world had gone mad with the banks ! over three years the amount was tiny per month !

now i'm glad i had mine from new with full warranty ! cus these things need to go back under it often !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was in the same postion as you in 2008 had some cash and an 2006 R1 and went all over looking at Nightrods as wanted 2nd hand one as considered it better value for money

the ones i saw were OK but unless they have had the warranty work done on the caps and yokes etc.. they were a bit rough with paint bubbling etc.. as it common on all these bikes

went the local dealer and rode there Demo and asked about buying there demo (it was coming to a year old) they did there sales bit on me ! (and hey i'm a sales manager so know how it works) they did me a cracking deal on brand new one

£1500 off the retail price of the DX (nightrod)

good part ex on R1 near enough what i wanted and that with some cash left me little short , dropped the rest on dealer finance (not really done this before) but thought what the hell i had a brand new bike , played hard ball with the remaining amount (like i walked away as they said they could not do the % i wanted next day they called me and siad they could must have wanted to sell a bike !)

i go the remaining amount on 10% APR think flat rate was around 5% just means the dealer gets less finance commission ! and at the time was cheaper than a bank loan cus the world had gone mad with the banks ! over three years the amount was tiny per month !

now i'm glad i had mine from new with full warranty ! cus these things need to go back under it often !
Well you have given me allot to think about, but I honestly do not think I could stretch to a new one. BUT seeing as you have a 2008 I think it might be about time you updated to as 2011 ;) te-he

1 - 20 of 37 Posts