Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Sure. It's an R with a bunch of body panels and a pipe and paint. You can probably get a good deal on the bike, but the panels will set you back. I think they are no limit customs?

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Without a doubt it is not. R's are discontinued in the US for 08.

Too bad too, because a better R would be nice! 1250 motor (like the 08's) or better, more agressive air inlets providing a ram air effect, be even better if it came with Buel wheels straight from the factory

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Ernie82 said:
Without a doubt it is not. R's are discontinued in the US for 08.

Too bad too, because a better R would be nice! 1250 motor (like the 08's) or better, more agressive air inlets providing a ram air effect, be even better if it came with Buel wheels straight from the factory
:stupid:

I think Marketing REALLY MISSED THE MARK by discontinuing the R. I've said it before, it would make a GREAT platform for sport touring and could really have taken a chunk out of the BMW sport touring market.

All they needed was the ABS, and detachable luggage that could hold more than a pair of sneakers, and maybe a sport touring fairing.

I hate it when they give up on a great idea.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was considering getting a screamin eagle, but i think i am going to turbo charge my R, get the streetfighter rear fender like on that bike, and do some buell wheels, it really is too bad harley didnt do this from the beginning

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, ok, what the hell is that thing? and the v-rod is art, dont know many people who truely dont like my v-rod i meet, but that bike is hideous...

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
A member here owns the V-Rex...

·
Registered
494 Posts
rjrivero said:
:stupid:

I think Marketing REALLY MISSED THE MARK by discontinuing the R. I've said it before, it would make a GREAT platform for sport touring and could really have taken a chunk out of the BMW sport touring market.

All they needed was the ABS, and detachable luggage that could hold more than a pair of sneakers, and maybe a sport touring fairing.

I hate it when they give up on a great idea.
I agree - but doing it right would have meant actually being aware of the market and responding over time. Time equals money and I don't think that HD wants to turn a slow buck. The R's been a nice diversion for me, however, so I'm glad they produced a few.

It's fun to see what people can come up with when they are willing to spend their own $$$$: http://www.harley-davidson.hu/img/765/558E6173.jpg. Maybe the MoCo folks will give it another whirl once they see some continued enthusiasm.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, that v-rex is weird, but those stats....damn......horsepower is good, price isn't so much, for $40,000 can anyone say anything they can do to their v-rod?? 40K$ would make a sweet v-rod

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
On the bike originally posted, where are the guages? The brain for the CAN-Bus is in the guages, so are they mounted on the air box cover now or what?

·
gRRR
239 Posts

I actually liked this one better, but those are no NLC parts - anyone knows if that was just a one-time-build? I also couldn't find any other pics or details (don't know any hungarian yet)...
Funny I was also pondering about painting the 10-spokes to match my bike's color, and that airbox looks good (and not too drastic like the NLC ones)...

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
airbox looks a little too much, the wheels, AWESOME, exhaust is a bit to jap, idk what to think of the rear fender, overall a good looking bike though......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts