Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Shocks will be in June 2nd

I will try to ship out everything in one day to all who have paid. Anyone with special instructions PM me. Anyone else PM if you want them, I'll try to work a good price for you. It will still beat anyone elses price no matter what.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I picked them up late today, all shipping is over for the day. I will however ship out tomorrow for Riverrattcom to get it to you by early next week. This is how it breaks down, I got 4 sets of 440's in, Riverrattcom, Saleen146, MAX, and Badrod. Fork lowering kits in for GLZ, ME, and VRod4Play. Still out are FMNorman adn Deagleus I expect them next week. These were late orders and weren't filled first. Cah you believe mine didn't come in, bastards.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thanks Rick,
They came in today, I haven't rode much only about 15 miles, but I can tell a big difference, my bike is allot more stable, responsive, and rides smoother.

Thanks again for the great deal!

Gary

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Progressive 440's for lowered with comfort.

Skullmans will go just a tad lower (3/8")
and ride like a sportster. For solo riding thier fine, but for two up,
they are to stiff.

I just put on the Progressive 440's yesterday, a Worlds diffrence,
(I used the Progressive 440's to replace my Skullmans)

·
Banned
924 Posts
Hum, My experience is totally different from riverrattcom.

Skullmans mods made my ride much softer. Had to change the setting from #2 (original setting for comfort solo and 2up riding) to #4 to get the same feel. With the Scullmans set on #2 the ride was way to soft and would bottom-out easy on speed-bumps during solo rides. Solo & 2up riding is great with the Scullman shocks set to #4. #5 is to stiff for me (180lbs solo, 300lbs to up).

The main difference for me is the look. My personal thoughts looks wise are; I prefer the stock spacer and finished look of the the Scullmans, Progressives don't look as nicely finished and is still to high when dogs ass is removed. Still looks a little dirt bike-ish.

You could do the Scullmans and if you don't like the ride then go with the progressives and sell the Scullmans here or on eBay.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
When I put on my Progressive's my bike was slammed. It looked so good and rode even better. The quality that goes into them is unsurrpassed. Plus there is too much chrome on the stock shocks and they suck anyway. The bike handles like a champ with the progressives.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.