Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant 'running' not 'runing'.

Just wondering if anyone's swapped out the 30 for the 28 tooth front pulley.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
dont see the point unless your going to use it for drag racing.i would like to lower the gearing on mine.make it rev less when i'm cruising.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
jimlowe said:
i would like to lower the gearing on mine.make it rev less when i'm cruising.
Yeah, a couple off teeth of the back would be nice.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Soda said:
I meant 'running' not 'runing'.

Just wondering if anyone's swapped out the 30 for the 28 tooth front pulley.

Yes I do, and it's well worth it, so much easier at slow speeds around town.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind sacrificing the top end as already at 125mph I was struggling to keep my legs from wishboning off the bike (this was on the Autobahn in Germany of course).

Mr Vrodder - did you do this yourself or have the dealership do it for you, if so, which one?

Thanks

Soda

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Soda said:
I don't mind sacrificing the top end as already at 125mph I was struggling to keep my legs from wishboning off the bike (this was on the Autobahn in Germany of course).

Mr Vrodder - did you do this yourself or have the dealership do it for you, if so, which one?

Thanks

Soda
Myself, nobody is allowed to touch my bike except me. :deal:

I have a spare 28T pulley, it's a straight bolt on job, but is an aluminium one, they are reputed to wear after a few Ks, but this is fine, but I would not reccomend it for keeps

What it is good for, is a try before you buy the proper HD kit which has the shorter belt and a steel pulley

Another thing, they HD pulley requires the removal of the pulley hub and it's a right "mother" to get off, I do know the secret "how to" now

If you want to, you can stick the ally one on to try, I'll stick it on if you want. You will need a speedo calibrator too. I can help you with that too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am going the Marchesini route, due to Kosmans offer, and believe i will need to recalibrate speedo as i result of th 17 inch wheels,can you help with that too?

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
mac53 said:
I am going the Marchesini route, due to Kosmans offer, and believe i will need to recalibrate speedo as i result of th 17 inch wheels,can you help with that too?
Yes it's not a prob if you get the right calibrator. and a bit of maths, gets it pretty accurate.

need to know what tyre etc. etc.

Pm me your no. when you need help, I don't mind

·
Registered
317 Posts
Cheers, will arrange to meet up when i have got all the bits and pieces together.

where are you in Wilts?

Mac

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thank you once again Mr vrodder.

North Swindon? Thin i'll give that a miss, i gather Basra would be safer from what i've heard.:angeldev:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Guys I might be havin a bit of a moment but I thought all of the post 2003 bikes were supplied with the 28 tooth as standard fitment??

Mines a 30 tooth and there is a definate difference as MrVRodder says as I have ridden Dave's bike back to back with mine, however after mine I felt like I was looking for another gear.

I think Max also changed his back to a 30 tooth for similar reasons. For higher speed cruisin the 30 tooth is just a tad more relaxed IMHO.

Skin

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Skinbo said:
Guys I might be havin a bit of a moment but I thought all of the post 2003 bikes were supplied with the 28 tooth as standard fitment??

Mines a 30 tooth and there is a definate difference as MrVRodder says as I have ridden Dave's bike back to back with mine, however after mine I felt like I was looking for another gear.

I think Max also changed his back to a 30 tooth for similar reasons. For higher speed cruisin the 30 tooth is just a tad more relaxed IMHO.

Skin
Export models still have the 30T, I "think" they have the same "smaller" flange now, so the ally pulley I have that's for the larger flange may not fit later models?? but without trying one I can't be sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts