Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is Sunday 21st October?

Thought I would post early to give you chance to think about it:D

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
:them: by the way there is a bike rally/show at newton abbott this weekend.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Were going to Newton Abbot on saturday pm
as there is a good band on saturday night
the Morris Brothers:notworth:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Skinbo said:
I think it is Sunday 21st October?

Thought I would post early to give you chance to think about it:D

More info? I am newish to the Harley scene, so a bit behind on what all these meets are.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just back from Belgium (that bloody Duval is strong). Looks like there may be a few of us going if the weather is OK. Probably one of the last events to meet up at this year - sorry Jim cant make it to Newton Abbott as I am heading North this weekend.

Thanks for posting the link Sean.

Keep an eye on the thread and will try and sort out a meeting point nearer to the day and when we can see what the weather is doing.

Spotting the Rods among 2,000 Harleys should be fun!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Come and see me in Monmouth afterwards....sadly I'll be working, shopkeeper :-(

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its on the Sunday so if you are not working I will meet up on the way down or visit on the way back.....

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
LOL

Much how I felt about Brightona.
I guess it is getting a bit chilly for the old men out there.

I will be honest I and state I can not be arsed to ride all the way down there and back.
'Cos it is so far I would take the M4, so would be bored sh!tl3ss. If I went A roads it would be fun but very tiring given the weather.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know exactly what you mean Sean, much the same for me getting to Brighton - you can only stand so much motorway. I have a great choice of routes back from Chepstow. The pics are taken on the Severn estuary from last years event.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm in if it is not pissing down, hopefully a nice crisp sunny day like today!!

Thanks for the link Sean, but does anyone know where to meet and when on Sunday Morning?

Anyone arranging any meats on route?

Mac

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mac they usually meet at the services on the M48 Bristol side of the Bridge. The ride itself goes off about 11.00am.

As you might guess it is a bit mad with all the bikes but there is room to park up and get together.

I will PM you my mobile so you can get in touch. You could try and drag Sean along with you for company??

Cheers

Jon

·
STEPHANIE-LONG-LEGS
1,262 Posts
I've done this event before and can say It's quite an experience. The actual ride over the Severn bridge with so many other Bikes is mind boggling but along the Motorway there are hundreds of people waving from the bridges.
I was over in Chepstow last weekend for the preparation. The Police are very Pro Bike and had 3 Bikes plus a Car to go through the motions with the Martials. They will be holding off the irate motorists on the day.
Chepstow council close off the town centre to cars and all the shops will be open as well as there being Traders (me included) all through the main street.
I'll be somewhere near riders of Bridgwater dealer stand if anyone wants to say Hi.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Skinbo

Will give yu a call Saturday PM to do final details, ASSUMING the dicks that are dynoing my bike (properly) thistime get it back to me today!

Long way for Sean to come from Guildford, so doubt i will be able to talk him round.

Hopefully see you Sunday.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts