Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if anyone here has tried any of the X-Treme Chrome paint sets from Ozzy Customs? I'm pretty close to sending my parts to him and wanted to see if there was anyone here who could give some post paint feedback.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Jamie,
I'm having a Custom set of DH's Skins done by Ozzy's and I can't wait!It is By Far the Trickest Paint Job you can get! :thumb:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super Kaz,
Sweet! Sounds awesome. I'm probably going to go with the same set at the Toxic Green set he's got on the website... only different colors than Green and purple. Going to stick with the HD colors. Disassembling the parts as we speak. Had to stop for a conference call with work!!!

Later!
Jamie

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
jlowry6 said:
Super Kaz,
Sweet! Sounds awesome. I'm probably going to go with the same set at the Toxic Green set he's got on the website... only different colors than Green and purple. Going to stick with the HD colors. Disassembling the parts as we speak. Had to stop for a conference call with work!!!

Later!
Jamie
Jamie,
You will be Throughly Satisfied I am Sure!Sounds Like a Pretty Wild Combo your gonna have to keep us updated! :kaz:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do Super Kaz! Got any insight on how to get the 2 radiator covers off? that's the only part giving me trouble so far!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
jlowry6 said:
Will do Super Kaz! Got any insight on how to get the 2 radiator covers off? that's the only part giving me trouble so far!!
It's a Bitch so take your Time and don't loose any of those "Nut"Thingy's! :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK... I'll keep trying... May ask if anyone else in the forum can walk me through how to get them off... Thanks Super Kaz!!

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
jlowry -- there's a screw underneath and a tab at the top of the cover that hold it in place. Just take out the screw and slide the cover aft and up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Michael333!! I finally got them both off... ready to ship to Ozzy!!!

·
Submariner
186 Posts
jlowry6 said:
Thanks Michael333!! I finally got them both off... ready to ship to Ozzy!!!
Cheapest route to ship those to Ozzy that i found was USPS Parcel Post. Was only about $5 more for Priority (2 days). Total with insurance ($600) was about $27, which was significantly less than UPS ground.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to shabby!! Thanks for the insight Chris!! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ubetyerazz,
What did you have painted and which set did you choose? Or was it all a custom job?

·
Submariner
186 Posts
jlowry6 said:
ubetyerazz,
What did you have painted and which set did you choose? Or was it all a custom job?
I went with the chrome w/ ghost flames route. Also got the chrome clamshell from them as well, along with the translucent chrome signal covers. I was considering going with a deep blue with ghost flames, but decided I liked the original look too much to deviate that far. Looking forward to seeing it, should be here end of next week!

If you haven't talked to Sean or Amy yet you'll find they're very helpful and will try their best to make sure you get exactly what you want. I couldn't be more pleased with their service.

BTW, I'd assume your shipping would be less since you're already in TX.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds awesome Chris!! How long ago did you order? Are they using your original parts? What are you referring to by "clamshell"? I've not heard that term yet...

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow during business hours. I've emailed twice today but have not gotten a response. My paint set is basically going to mirror the Toxic Green set that they have shown on the website. Only instead of Green mine will be "Toxic" Orange (he sent me a pic of what the orange looks like, perfect!) and black metallicwhere the Toxic Green set is purple. Wanted to stay with the Harley colors. Then he's going to replace the 100th Anniversary emblems on the Airbox cover. I can't wait to get the ball rolling!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah... forgot that I'm gonna have them put ghost skulls all over the paint set as well...

·
Submariner
186 Posts
jlowry6 said:
Oh yeah... forgot that I'm gonna have them put ghost skulls all over the paint set as well...
Sounds very sweet! The clamshell is that piece above the headlight that houses your gage cluster.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm waiting at the edge of my seat for my chrome/chrome flames from Ozzy... mine are due here in Michigan just in time for bike week in Daytona. I'll post pic's...
Very excited that I have kept thses skins a total secret from my buddies... they don't even know they exsist.... so I'm going to pop them on them in Daytona

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
gthong,
Thats Mean! :diablo:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gthong - When did you place your order for your skins? I placed mine today and Sean said they should be ready in 4-5 weeks... just trying to get a grasp on when I can expect them...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah... forgot to tell ya... talked to Sean earlier today and he's really excited about using some type of "powder-based" paint that glows in the dark. I'm getting my intials below the taillight and a skull and crossbones on the front of the front fender. Also if you look on ozzycustoms.com and choose products then X-treme Chrome then Toxic Green... where you see the crackled look is going to be a glow in the dark as well... I can't wait!!! Looking at the Toxic Green set... mine will be Toxic Orange instead of Green and Black Metallic Black instead of purple... can't get them soon enough!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts