Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought some advertising space in subways, we will be taking over a few cars (all 30 ads per car will be ours) and we need to come up with some creative in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone here was in the business.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have some ideas... Unfortunately the time constraints for this time makes it difficult to do some of the ideas we came up with.
I guess when it comes out we will start riding the subway all day until we find one of our cars! :)

It's interesting since you have an audience that can't really move. So as long as the ads are interesting enough, we are thinking it should produce some results.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
A couple of quick concepts for you to mull over

G'day, here are a couple of ideas to get the ball rolling - might be of some help;

Headline - Saving money is like making money
Image - old bloke with wad of cash - just find a pic that really grabs people's attention.
Body copy (for the best deal on everything, visit www.redflagdeals.com)

Headline - Every dollar counts
Image - lady with dollar note (this would obviously have to be canadian currency).
Body copy (as above)

Headline - No matter what you are looking for
Image - shopping trolley with something really unusual in it - like a car
Support head - you'll find the best deal here www.redflagdeals.com
* it would be nice to find some really great shots of unusual things, things that really grab your attention and get noticed, and use these, one on each different billboard as a campaign. Sorry, I only looked for a few minutes for these ideas

Headline - If your looking for something on (insert magnifying glass featuring the word 'sale' ) or even something for (insert pic of magnifying glass featuring the word 'free'), visit www.redflagdeals.com - no matter what it is!

Headline - Avoid the hassle and shop online
Image - ladies fighting over clothes with sales sign int he background
visit www.redflagdeals.com
strap line - if it's not for sale, it's probably free

Headline - THIS IS NOT FOR SALE
Pic - Ipod nano (or whatever is free on the site)
Sub head - IT'S FREE
with any purchase of XYZ.
www.redflagdeals.com

No offense taken if you don't like them -just my ten minutes worth. My only advice would be - keep the copy down and make it stand out - at the end of the day people don;t care about your product, they only care about what is in it for them.

I have downloaded a number of comp shots I can email to you for a look if you'd like, just PM me your address.

Cheers

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
Here in NYC, when I hear or read the words, "red flag". It means a possible problem with the infracstructure. IE; Bridges or roads or the like. How about using that in your ads? "In NYC, red flag is bad, here in Canada, Red Flag is good." something like this.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for the ideas guys.

I will bring them up in the next meeting and we will see what we go with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am the senior AE/Media director at an agency in Philly.
We may be able to help with some creative if needed, though the owner won't do anything for FREE!!

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not seen a car yet myself, but one of our users sent us these.

Attachments

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
mikep said:
I have not seen a car yet myself, but one of our users sent us these.

excellent, mike, I was hoping you would post some pics. I just registered on the site and the opening line on the homepage just cracked me up:

Saving money is as Canadian as poutine or rolling up the rim on a double double.

Now that's talking to canadians!

:notworth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts