Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have the Smooth Ride Custom Lowering Air Shocks from B&T mfg.

I am just wondering if anyone has these?? If so how do they compare to the Progressive 440's?? Do you like them?? What are the pros and Cons? I spoke with Ernie from BPP and he has sold alot of these, so someone has to have them on. Any info would be great!
Thanks,

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wanna know too.....I wonder if I can use these to lower the rear to match the 1'' lower springs???...

VRSC do you know what size the VROD uses?? as I was on the site and there are a buch of sizes available

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Ernie said he liked them better than the 440's but Frank rode next to him over some bumpy roads last week and said his headlight was bouncing all over the place. Not sure if he had too much air or the 240 caused it or what. Frank has the Legend system but @ $1600 it will be a cold day in he11 before I put them on my bike.

They come in various lengths so if you want 1" lower then order the 12". The air is the spring so I wouldn't buy the 13" and run it low on air to get your preferred ride height.

I do like the look, they are sharp in person.

Mark

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I don't know but Ernie said they had 440's on his bike before they switched to the air shocks.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the shocks from Ernie. I called the company and talked with their tech. Ernie is running 11.5 inch shock with a double spring inside for stiffness. For the v-rod, any size is sufficiant. Our stock shocks our 13 inch. I ride with the additional weight of saddlebags and 90% of the time I ride 2 up and with my stock shocks I always scrape my pipes. So my set up will include: 12.5 inch shocks with a double spring. The air pressure stiffness can always be adjusted on the spot, if I decide to ride solo. The air pump is a small, fast manual pump with an air pressure gauge. I did not want to match the stock heigth, however everyone thought that the 12 in would be too short for my riding set up. I do like the look and I was in the middle of having my progressive 440's caps chromed (Monster Max and I discussed doing this about 1 month ago, he's already gotten his back from the chromer and mine is still waiting). The chromer has not yet touched them, so I can return them. The good thing is if I do not like them, Ernie said that I can send them back for a full refund or keep changing the spring until I'm happy with it. The air does not determine the size height of the shock it is the spring it. Even with out air, it is still a working shock. I will be receiving them next Thursday. I can't wait.

If there is anyone with who is running the progessive 440's, I have available to sell Mark Talmer's Chrome custom 440 shock bolt cover and spacers. I had them chromed and they look great. They are brand new and have not been installed on my bike. The spacers align the shocks evenly If anyone is interested, please let me know. I have inserted a link for anyone not familiar with them. I am not looking to make any money, just the price of the spacers, bolt covers and chroming.
Thanks, Jason

http://205.214.91.71/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15191&highlight=shock+bolt+cover

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I guess Ernie forgot to pay his web hosting bill, his site is unreachable.......

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thats weird I was on their site just a little while ago!:confused: Clicked the link from VTF and I was on!:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts